Ship of fools

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
OK Johnny - one reasonable question I would like to ask you.
In hindsight,do you honestly think that an unprovoked attack on fellow blues was your finest hour?
Or do you consider listing people as "fools" several people you have never met,never had a cross word with and who have done nothing whatsoever to warrant it to be the actions of a reasonable,level-headed human being?
And a reply in your own words,rather than those of some Wikipedia rent-a-quote,or the algebraic formulae of a rhombus would be appreciated.

See your contributions to the "Is Religion A Load of Balls" thread I have just referred squirty to. Evidence in abundance of your folly there.

johnny crossan said:
In hindsight,do you honestly think that an unprovoked attack on fellow blues was your finest hour?
Or do you consider listing people as "fools" several people you have never met,never had a cross word with and who have done nothing whatsoever to warrant it to be the actions of a reasonable,level-headed human being?
And a reply in your own words,rather than those of some Wikipedia rent-a-quote,or the algebraic formulae of a rhombus would be appreciated.

See your contributions to the "Is Religion A Load of Balls" thread I have just referred squirty to. Evidence in abundance of your folly there.

This boy is one nail short of a cruxifiction, I'm off to B&Q back in five mins.

What size feet do you have JC. (I'm going to hell for that one deffo).

tonea2003 said:
johnny crossan said:
Depends what you mean by "concrete evidence" of course. My belief in God is as the abiding presence of light (intelligence, even mathematics) in all things, and as the source of the (to us) inscrutable order, power, and majesty of nature. Almost all human beings in history have shared in it. I find it strange that you find it strange.

so because nature is beautiful and powerful and the creatures within it have intelligence is your proof?
if so how come. it dont make sense to me but then i'm just a fool

I suppose informally they are the grounds for my belief, along with the limit of language to express the transcendent.

johnny crossan said:
squirtyflower said:
My original discussion of Dawkins was not an endorsement. It was in another thread where i suggested someone should read it, I said it would make him think! That makes me far from unreasonable, just the opposite in fact.
What has been proved in this thread though, by all the other posters, is that it is you who is actually the unreasonable one.

Your quote was on the unprovocatively titled Elanjo thread "Is Religion A Load of Balls"

squirtyflower said:
That's why I mentioned it. It took me from being a sit on the fence agnostic to a full on atheist. Then lost my job when the company got took over by a bunch of religious zealots who believe the Earth is only 7000 years old. ffs.

not an endorsement a "thinking suggestion" eh?
Thanks, you have proved my point but still not apologised. I must be 'reasonable' as i can read an intelligently put argument and change my opinion. Unlike you you zealot.
And my second quote was about the scary fuckers who hold positions of power yet really do believe that the 'Earth is only 7000 years old, and that fossils that point to the contrary are lies put about scientists trying to discredit religion'. What really worries me is that that was a direct quote from some one with real power and influence over the young people of this country. He should really be in a mental institution with you strapped down in the next cell.
I've had enough of you now though, as you have an unwavering mind with little intellect. I'm off to get the kids for some dinner.

johnny crossan said:
squirtyflower said:
My original discussion of Dawkins was not an endorsement. It was in another thread where i suggested someone should read it, I said it would make him think! That makes me far from unreasonable, just the opposite in fact.
What has been proved in this thread though, by all the other posters, is that it is you who is actually the unreasonable one.

Your quote was on the unprovocatively titled Elanjo thread "Is Religion A Load of Balls"

squirtyflower said:
That's why I mentioned it. It took me from being a sit on the fence agnostic to a full on atheist. Then lost my job when the company got took over by a bunch of religious zealots who believe the Earth is only 7000 years old. ffs.

religion is nothing more than a tool used by ancient rulers to keep the masses in check, and carried into modern life for people to use as a guide through life
there is no higher being but if people want to believe let them, but you should not judge people for being non-believers
would god judge them? or maybe if there is a god you should leave the judging to him and him alone

squirtyflower said:
johnny crossan said:

Thanks, you have proved my point but still not apologised. I must be 'reasonable' as i can read an intelligently put argument and change my opinion. Unlike you you zealot.
And my second quote was about the scary fuckers who hold positions of power yet really do believe that the 'Earth is only 7000 years old, and that fossils that point to the contrary are lies put about scientists trying to discredit religion'. What really worries me is that that was a direct quote from some one with real power and influence over the young people of this country. He should really be in a mental institution with you strapped down in the next cell.
I've had enough of you now though, as you have an unwavering mind with little intellect. I'm off to get the kids for some dinner.

you eat children as well?

johnny crossan said:
squirtyflower said:

you eat children as well?

picard-no-facepalm.jpg

johnny crossan said:

Well - that was a surprise - johnny sidesteps the question completely and comes out with some fatuous bullshit.
I didn't start that "Is Religion" thread,you stupid cretin,I posted an opinion on it.
Y'know - thats kinda what you do on a forum.
What I did not do,and what you did,is start an insulting thread.
See the difference?
Now - are you going to answer the perfectly reasonable question I posed with anything resembling a sensible reply,or am I expecting too much?
You really are starting to look increasingly foolish with every post.

johnny crossan said:

Well - that was a surprise - johnny sidesteps the question completely and comes out with some fatuous bullshit.
I didn't start that "Is Religion" thread,you stupid cretin,I posted an opinion on it.
Y'know - thats kinda what you do on a forum.
What I did not do,and what you did,is start an insulting thread.
See the difference?
Now - are you going to answer the perfectly reasonable question I posed with anything resembling a sensible reply,or am I expecting too much?
You really are starting to look increasingly foolish with every post.

There is a difference between initiating an insulting thread and contributing insulting posts? Fool indeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.