Shooting at Mandalay Bay Resort (Las Vegas)

I can't help you, because you refuse to understand, or incapable of doing so....and I'm not saying it is necessarily your fault. Move to America, I'll pick a place for you to live, then let me know if you want a handgun! ;-)

I wouldn't buy one. Millions of Americans don't if you look at the ownership stats. I would be one of them and hopefully the place you found me wasn't one with a siege mentality.

Was was it FDR once said The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

A day watching Fox Sake News would and does have the result on the ill informed and feeble minded, of creating a reality of being under siege from, black gangs, Muslins, Mexicans. Not Russia though, that's gone for some unfathomable reason. Can't work that out. :)

If you look at the news strap that runs underneath the main screen, it is filled with every Islamic incident, if any Mexican illegal anywhere commits a crime its there. A distinct and predictable absence of white terrorism.

I have to put my hands up though. It was Scot and Ulster Protestant settlers in the south that gave you that fervent and insane religious zeal. We are also in the dock for the Klan, as it was again Scots who started that.

So, sorry about that.

I watched a programme last night about the Scots/Ulster settlers and they gave you country music and God as a madman. If you can get BBC catch up its worth a watch. It was a brilliant programme, but their descendents have retreated into this world of what can only be described as religious fanaticism and as you listened to them in the context of Scottish culture now, they look as if the still exist in a past most of us have waved goodbye to.

We still have a section of fervent religious wankers, but it is nowhere near what it used to be like. Our churches get emptier with every passing decade. As people realise through education and science literacy that it is such a crock of shit, we see old men and women and after they go they will only need phone boxes.

So, anywhere but the Bible Belt. I was born into the Catholic arm of the God delusion and am now an atheist so I wouldn't last a week. They would be
down the local gun shop buying silver bullets to end me. :)

Hating Trump wouldn't win me many friends either in certain counties I am sure.

I prefer life in the 21st secular century, so if you could keep that in mind when choosing I would be eternally grateful. :)

I'm just wondering how you got past the security system connected to the Police 911 system and the dog. Are you the Pink Panther?

Listen, it is clear you will continue to try to create scenarios, so why bother? I have done as much as I know to help make a safe home for my wife and family. I don't have to answer to you.

In addition, I've tried my damnedest to help people understand what they find difficult to understand about American gun culture, even though I staunchly oppose much of it. It is clear I have become the face of the NRA for many of you and that is the furthest thing from the truth. I have tried to provide context and information, and, in some instances, be the Devil's Advocate against wild accusations and misrepresentations.

So, I'm quite happy to own a gun, am trained to use it, and regularly go to the range to practice my marksmanship. I have a Marksman designation from Federal authorities, so I'm not much interested in your John Wayne scenarios and mentality against my gun ownership. I have it to protect me from the other 365,000,000 guns in this country that might one day be used to harm me. I have no desire to use it outside my home or workplace, but if faced with the deadly consequences of an altercation, I would. I can live with that. You don't need to, and I'm glad for you. I didn't create American gun culture and I, too, struggle with the notion that over 200 years later we have gone from muskets to semi-automatic bump-rifles firing at 10 rounds per second within the supposed Constitutional definition of our collective rights to gun protection. I think it is nonsense. I don't own an AR-15 and have no interest in buying one and modifying it legally to have a bump stock to make it automatic. It is not why I have a weapon. However, I live in an area of $600,000+ homes with nice cars and parks and trees and upper middle class people with stuff. That is a burglars prime market place. Like many of my neighbors, I have a home security system and a dog that barks at people who approach the house. I also happen to have a firearm that I know how to use. It is safely locked away and my kids don't know how to get to it and they have no desire to get to it. My son is 19 and he is as good of a shot as I am at the range, so I would have no qualms about him using it, but he doesn't know how to access it, either. He has only ever seen it loaded at the range.

So, in short, I have no desire to engage in the "gun debate" with you or anyone else overseas. I live here in the US and it is real. I have done what I feel is prudent to protect myself and my family, including the best training available to civilians in the US. I don't have to answer to you or anyone else about those personal decisions. They are legal and my actions go far, far beyond anything I need to do to be a gun owner in the US, which is yet another reason I can say without equivocation, I am a responsible gun owner...who will kill you if you threaten me or my family with violence. The end.

I hear you. I am not suggesting for a minute you are a gun nut. I think it's sad that you all feel under potential siege and I don't think the stats bear that level of threat out.

Home security, a gun and a dog. Training to shoot, your son a good shot is symptomatic of something gone wrong along the way.

I would also kill you without missing a beat if you threatened my family. Here's the thing, you wouldn't threaten them, I wouldn't threaten yours and that goes for the vast majority of people.

Creating a culture where we fear plays into people who sell guns hands and is no accident. It's designed.

In no way think I am having a go at you. I'm not. you are able to give a perspective we can't experience and use your experience to question why you feel the way you do.

You are not on trial, it's not your responsibility, but you are on the ground and your view interests me. If it seemed I was having a go at you then that was not my intention. Enjoy your weekend.

I hear you. I am not suggesting for a minute you are a gun nut. I think it's sad that you all feel under potential siege and I don't think the stats bear that level of threat out.

Home security, a gun and a dog. Training to shoot, your son a good shot is symptomatic of something gone wrong along the way.

I would also kill you without missing a beat if you threatened my family. Here's the thing, you wouldn't threaten them, I wouldn't threaten yours and that goes for the vast majority of people.

Creating a culture where we fear plays into people who sell guns hands and is no accident. It's designed.

In no way think I am having a go at you. I'm not. you are able to give a perspective we can't experience and use your experience to question why you feel the way you do.

You are not on trial, it's not your responsibility, but you are on the ground and your view interests me. If it seemed I was having a go at you then that was not my intention. Enjoy your weekend.

You`re starting to worry about him having that gun arent you ?

"Bottle merchants."

Hmmm, Scottish tough guy. Got it. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Carry on, tough guy! That'll help you greatly should you ever be faced with a home invasion in the US.

How many times has your home been invaded?

Thank you. The sound of reason from someone who can't be painted as a gun nut. I appreciate your perspective....and grasp of logic!

Some of these people think they can bring their knuckles and non-"bottle merchant" mentality to a gun fight!

There is nothing a burglar hates more than the sound of a shotgun shell/gun round being chambered! Unfortunately, any burglar who gets into my house won't even hear that, as it is already in there. He will hear one thing..."I am armed and I will kill you! Leave now!" If that doesn't do the trick, then I can't fix stupid, but I can fix dangerous to me and my family.

You live in a gated community with security devices in your home yet you still feel the need to own a gun, living in paranoia sounds like fun. Christ home is probably the safest environment you’ll be in. I’m honestly confused by your stance unless you’ve actually been burgled and had your families lives threatened.

It’s so fucking cute. You have two centuries of history and get so excited by it. In the mean time, having had a mad king lose the States we moved on and gained and then gave away the largest empire the world has ever seen.

We really care very little that we gave away America, look at the fucking state of it for a start.

It’s funny that Yanks are on a UK football forum moaning about us having opinions.

Never said I'm excited by it. Though I know some don't like to hear it. Yes. You didn't "give it away." You lost lot it. Had you give it away there'd have been no war and also the Anti-American government of Lord North wouldn't have collapsed after the vote to end the war. But this is all a discussion for a different day.

Originally, this topic was interesting but as usual it deteriorates into something else. I'm happy you are proud of your country. You should be. What part of England do you live in again?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.