Shooting outside the House of Commons

Yep, I sort of understand this. My take on this though is that the guy wasn't specifically radicalised. That's not to downplay the fact that this happens, it certainly does, it's just a hunch regarding his background. ISIL claimed this guy was one of their so-called 'soldiers', yet this guy was a bodybuilding sted-head who's had a criminal career spanning 20 years.

He's been charged with public order offences throughout most of his adult life including GBH, yet none of this was ever attributed to ISIS or ISIL, and rightly so, because those groups weren't around during this time.

I tend to think he was known for being a knobhead, and has recently carried out a knobhead fantasy perhaps by being brainwashed online - within quite a short period of time. A knobhead will often be a knobhead, however I do feel that ISIL/ISIS are using this idea of 'one of our soldiers' as nothing more than an opportunist moment. If he was a trained terrorist then his training was a bit shite. Expecting to enter the houses of parliament with two kitchen knives against armed police is about as ludicrous as expecting to meet 72 virgins on the other side.
Lets wait and see on this guy, i think theres more to him than meets the eye, seems to have had a lot of associates and plenty of money, bet he's been abroad training, it will all come out eventually

Waits for @Damocles to restart debate about which is more dangerous, Gun or Car!!!

Yeah I remember that. I said that banning handguns because a terrorist could hurt people with them is stupid when cars exist and could do much more damage than a gun.

I still think this, you can be much more destructive with a car than a gun. A gun has limited ammo and is loud which alerts security services. A car can be driven at 90mph and you can hit a slew of people before anybody has worked out what is going on, then you can blow it up at the end all while encased in a metal shell for your protection.

Yep, I sort of understand this. My take on this though is that the guy wasn't specifically radicalised. That's not to downplay the fact that this happens, it certainly does, it's just a hunch regarding his background. ISIL claimed this guy was one of their so-called 'soldiers', yet this guy was a bodybuilding sted-head who's had a criminal career spanning 20 years.

He's been charged with public order offences throughout most of his adult life including GBH, yet none of this was ever attributed to ISIS or ISIL, and rightly so, because those groups weren't around during this time.

I tend to think he was known for being a knobhead, and has recently carried out a knobhead fantasy perhaps by being brainwashed online - within quite a short period of time. A knobhead will often be a knobhead, however I do feel that ISIL/ISIS are using this idea of 'one of our soldiers' as nothing more than an opportunist moment. If he was a trained terrorist then his training was a bit shite. Expecting to enter the houses of parliament with two kitchen knives against armed police is about as ludicrous as expecting to meet 72 virgins on the other side.

You're beginning to see the truth.

ISIS aren't a particular threat to us here. Due to the work of our security services they have little to no real power or connections here and they certainly don't have "soldiers" here. ISIS don't even exist as a proper group, they're a collection of pre-existing militia who have banded together under a single flag and lack any cohesive structure or Command and Control infrastructure.

However, it is in the best interests of everybody that we all pretend they are. Fear is the most useful of all political tools that politicians have in their arsenal, intelligence services get funding and authority to do whatever they like, the media get massive clickbait and sales, ISIS get legitimacy to help with their recruitment to fight in Syria.

Presenting them as a big bad monster helps everybody apart from the citizens.

ISIS can't even hold back a poorly trained Iraqi army filled with traitors and kids. Their "press agency" was routinely hacked by teenagers in the US who were fucking about. The idea they're some secret global agency who have terror cells all over the world is quite frankly an absurd Republican wet dream.

Sunni extremism is bigger than just ISIS and the ideology is spreading a bit in Europe but not in any concerted or organised fashion.

These statements from the police etc mean well im sure but they come across as "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough".

Don't like how every morning after one of these terrorist attacks the first story the media pedal is that the attacker was known by authorities.

It's almost like they're trying to undermine the police & intelligence services, the very people who are in place to protect us from these events & likely do so successfully on more occasions than we could even imagine!

Don't like how every morning after one of these terrorist attacks the first story the media pedal is that the attacker was known by authorities.

It's almost like they're trying to undermine the police & intelligence services, the very people who are in place to protect us from these events & likely do so successfully on more occasions than we could even imagine!
They are increasingly desperate for there to be an 'intelligence failing'

To be fair when it comes to stuff like this there is no room for sloppiness or mistakes. After a full investigation if its found that it could of been avoided then heads do need to roll, regardless of the success rate of stopping things in the past.

Me personally i don't think it could of been avoided, the guy was a nobody and it seems like he was questioned once ages ago and released

Yeah I remember that. I said that banning handguns because a terrorist could hurt people with them is stupid when cars exist and could do much more damage than a gun.

I still think this, you can be much more destructive with a car than a gun. A gun has limited ammo and is loud which alerts security services. A car can be driven at 90mph and you can hit a slew of people before anybody has worked out what is going on, then you can blow it up at the end all while encased in a metal shell for your protection.

But the main purpose of a Gun is to kill ... the main purpose of a Car is to get from A to B... just because you can kill with a Car isn't a argument to allow people with Guns.

Lets wait and see on this guy, i think theres more to him than meets the eye, seems to have had a lot of associates and plenty of money, bet he's been abroad training, it will all come out eventually
Don't think he needed to go abroad for training for that sort of attack. If it was organised there would have been multiple attacks not just one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.