Should Alan Hansen be sacked for racism?

interpol said:
How the hell is the word "coloured" offensive.....FFS. It's not a nasty or patronising word.

But yes Hansen should be sacked for being so boring.

It implies that white people are pure and anybody else is coloured, the KKK and other Christian fundamentalists refer to it as the mark of Cain I believe.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
interpol said:
How the hell is the word "coloured" offensive.....FFS. It's not a nasty or patronising word.

It implies that white people are pure and anybody else is coloured, the KKK and other Christian fundamentalists refer to it as the mark of Cain I believe.

Well that's a lot of implication taken from 1 word.....you could apply that complexity of implication to any word in the English language. It's getting ridiculous.

interpol said:

In our country the natural colour is white, hence when we see people of a different colour they are coloured from the perspective of our country. If they don't like the word then they should go back to the conutry they came from where maybe the majority are black and they can refer to the whites as coloured.

TheMidnightBlue said:
interpol said:

In our country the natural colour is white, hence when we see people of a different colour they are coloured from the perspective of our country. If they don't like the word then they should go back to the conutry they came from where maybe the majority are black and they can refer to the whites as coloured.

What about if they 'dont like it' but the country where they came from just happens to be England?

Personally I doubt many black people would have been offended by it, just white middle class 'right on' types pretending to be outraged so they can ''cause a storm on Twitter''.

interpol said:
interpol said:

Well that's a lot of implication taken from 1 word.....you could apply that complexity of implication to any word in the English language. It's getting ridiculous.

People stopped using the word coloured in general parlance in relation to black people 30 years ago.

TheMidnightBlue said:
interpol said:

Yeah, that Anton Ferdinand can fuck off back to Peckham

TheMidnightBlue said:
interpol said:

You total buffoon. Get the fuck out of my country.

Damocles said:
TheMidnightBlue said:

You total buffoon. Get the fuck out of my country.

I'm amazed The Blue Nowhere lasted this long to be fair.

With his employer being the bbc, I've no doubt he'll be spending the next 3 days having to sit through meetings and slide shows on diversity and multi-culturalism by a white middle class bird called roz wearing sandals.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
TheMidnightBlue said:

What about if they 'dont like it' but the country where they came from just happens to be England?

Personally I doubt many black people would have been offended by it, just white middle class 'right on' types pretending to be outraged so they can ''cause a storm on Twitter''.

Well the original colour of the population of humans in England was white, hence anyone that is non-white is coloured from an English perspective. Seen as though we didn't have coloured genes in Englands gene pool then I think I'm right in saying that if someone is black their country of origin is not England. I'm not saying they should all go back.In fact I think that cultural diversity is a brilliant thing for society, just that they shouldn't be offended by the word coloured as that is what they are (In England at least). If someone asked me for a description of someone and I said black that wouldn't be racist and black is an intechangable word for coloured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.