Should Alan Hansen be sacked for racism?

TheMidnightBlue said:
Well the original colour of the population of humans in England was white, hence anyone that is non-white is coloured from an English perspective.

No it wasn't, the original population of England was black. The original population of everywhere was black. The human race migrated from somewhere close to Lake Victoria in Africa.

You don't have the intelligence nor the grasp of anthropology to be throwing around terms like "gene pool" either to back up your racist bollocks.

Also, I'd like to know what "the coloured gene" is. It doesn't exist. You are so unbelievably misinformed on the issue that I feel the need to correct everything you say in case some well meaning person reads your stuff and mistakes it for a post that has any sort of merit behind it.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
People stopped using the word coloured in general parlance in relation to black people 30 years ago.

I was 18 thirty years ago and we used terms like coloured and half caste, today it is black and mixed race.
I found it easy to stop using coloured and half caste because of the circles I was moving in (when at school there was 10 non white kids out of 1500) as i was mixing with lots more non whites and also getting more political in my way of thinking.
But the generation above me, bred on a diet of Alf Garnet and on the whole never mixing with non whites and carried on using coloured and half caste. How many black players did Hanson play alongside? John Barnes?

My dad used both coloured and half caste until he died four years ago, despite me trying to point out the 'newer' alternatives to him each time he used them.

I consider both terms inoffensive, just out dated. It was more of a shock that he said the word, not the word itself being shocking

TheMidnightBlue said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
TheMidnightBlue said:
In our country the natural colour is white, hence when we see people of a different colour they are coloured from the perspective of our country. If they don't like the word then they should go back to the conutry they came from where maybe the majority are black and they can refer to the whites as coloured.

What about if they 'dont like it' but the country where they came from just happens to be England?

Personally I doubt many black people would have been offended by it, just white middle class 'right on' types pretending to be outraged so they can ''cause a storm on Twitter''.

Well the original colour of the population of humans in England was white, hence anyone that is non-white is coloured from an English perspective. Seen as though we didn't have coloured genes in Englands gene pool then I think I'm right in saying that if someone is black their country of origin is not England. I'm not saying they should all go back.In fact I think that cultural diversity is a brilliant thing for society, just that they shouldn't be offended by the word coloured as that is what they are (In England at least). If someone asked me for a description of someone and I said black that wouldn't be racist and black is an intechangable word for coloured.

England's gene pool?

You mean the Scots, Welsh, Irish, French, Italian, Jewish, Romany, German, Scandanavian, Spanish, Dutch gene pool?

Our racial purity is a thing to behold.

As much as I despise the bloke, this is a fuckin disgrace, not allowed to use the word Coloured, not allowed to use black because technically these people aren't actually black, not allowed to use mixed race because we're all one race of humans and it's discriminatory to refer to them as different from us. Hate these do-gooders who are clearly out to tarnish the reputation of anyone at all that says somethin that in their eyes is deemed racist.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
People stopped using the word coloured in general parlance in relation to black people 30 years ago.

I was 18 thirty years ago and we used terms like coloured and half caste, today it is black and mixed race.
I found it easy to stop using coloured and half caste because of the circles I was moving in (when at school there was 10 non white kids out of 1500) as i was mixing with lots more non whites and also getting more political in my way of thinking.
But the generation above me, bred on a diet of Alf Garnet and on the whole never mixing with non whites carried using coloured and half caste. How many black players did Hanson play alongside? John Barnes?

My dad used both coloured and half caste until he died four years ago, despite me trying to point out the 'newer' alternatives to him each time he used them.

I consider both terms inoffensive, just out dated. It was more of a shock that he said the word, not the word itself being shocking

Yeah, I agree, I don't think he was being racist just a bit out-dated particularly as he is on TV every week live to millions of people.

Damocles said:
TheMidnightBlue said:
Well the original colour of the population of humans in England was white, hence anyone that is non-white is coloured from an English perspective.

No it wasn't, the original population of England was black. The original population of everywhere was black. The human race migrated from somewhere close to Lake Victoria in Africa.

You don't have the intelligence nor the grasp of anthropology to be throwing around terms like "gene pool" either to back up your racist bollocks.

When England as an island became geographically isolated the population was white. I'm not talking about the origin of Homo sapiens which was africa. As always a sigh of despair when people say something like you're not smart enough to grasp something. Yes, I am. Given some of your posts do put you on more of a platform to make a claim like that than most of those who are clearly not very bright yet make that claim anyway you're still wrong in saying that.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:

But the generation above me, bred on a diet of Alf Garnet and on the whole never mixing with non whites carried using coloured and half caste. How many black players did Hanson play alongside? John Barnes?

Yeah, I agree, I don't think he was being racist just a bit out-dated particularly as he is on TV every week live to millions of people.

You've changed ;)

Amazing ignorance by midnightblue, i thought everyone knows we are all of African decent?

M22 Blue said:
As much as I despise the bloke, this is a fuckin disgrace, not allowed to use the word Coloured, not allowed to use black because technically these people aren't actually black, not allowed to use mixed race because we're all one race of humans and it's discriminatory to refer to them as different from us. Hate these do-gooders who are clearly out to tarnish the reputation of anyone at all that says somethin that in their eyes is deemed racist.

The OP was trolling so people like yourself would get angry. He isn't going to be sacked and nobody has complained apart from loudmouths on Twitter. Even the Daily Mail is thinking that this is a non-story.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
TheMidnightBlue said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
What about if they 'dont like it' but the country where they came from just happens to be England?

Personally I doubt many black people would have been offended by it, just white middle class 'right on' types pretending to be outraged so they can ''cause a storm on Twitter''.

Well the original colour of the population of humans in England was white, hence anyone that is non-white is coloured from an English perspective. Seen as though we didn't have coloured genes in Englands gene pool then I think I'm right in saying that if someone is black their country of origin is not England. I'm not saying they should all go back.In fact I think that cultural diversity is a brilliant thing for society, just that they shouldn't be offended by the word coloured as that is what they are (In England at least). If someone asked me for a description of someone and I said black that wouldn't be racist and black is an intechangable word for coloured.

England's gene pool?

You mean the Scots, Welsh, Irish, French, Italian, Jewish, Romany, German, Scandanavian, Spanish, Dutch gene pool?

Our racial purity is a thing to behold.

Putting words in my mouth. Did I once mention racial purity?<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:02 pm --<br /><br />
BimboBob said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

You've changed ;)

Amazing ignorance by midnightblue, i thought everyone knows we are all of African decent?

As I've pointed out already I'm well aware of where our species originate from. I was referring to the first of our species who diverged to England were white, hence the original gene pool of England was white with black being introduced at a later date. Is it really so ahrd to grasp?

BimboBob said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

You've changed ;)

Not for long mate.

I've missed the Yaya Express and his tales of wooing 14 year old girls.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.