Should Alan Hansen be sacked for racism?

A couple of my mates still say coloured..

In fact as bizzare as it sounds they actually think if they say black its sounds worse..

BimboBob said:
meeesh said:
Hansen should be sacked for being................................well Alan Hansen basically

Time to be put out to graze...surely last season this,boring as fuck he is,and so predictable

Nicely done Yoda...

Hansen is fine, it's Lawrenson i have the problem with.

the bbc is no good, all pundits are plebs! i d watch the irish footie panel on irish tv before watching MOTD with all its stupid kid like build ups! MOTD s whole team are crap

Lawrenson looks like he wants to kill himself live on tv (for the last four years!) , i d only tune in just in case i miss it. hopefully he might shoot hansen too.

I don't think that what he said makes him a racist, no.

I am genuinely baffled that someone who has worked in two industries where black people are in such relative abundance used such an anachronistic term on prime-time television.

In actual fact I suppose you could argue that it could indicate that he wasn't prejudiced per se as a calculating racist would never use such a term for fear of being exposed.

Hang on, I thought this was a joke thread? I thought the term coloured was a perfectly acceptable term? To describe people of colour?

Lucky Toma said:
Congrats JotL. With only days to go you've managed to squeeze in your 500th thread related to racism for 2011.
I was dreading you being stuck on 499 and not realising.

I didn't want to deny you your 500th reply this year where you fail to make a meaningful contribution to the thread and have a personal pop at me.

You're welcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.