should city sell de jong?

birchwoodgingerste

i like big nige over the past few seasons he has been one of my favourite city players but the more i look at his situation at city and his recent lack of match time maybe this is the right time to cash in and release some funds so bobby can go out and sign a centre back.would any over blues cash in now?

If he got back to 100% performance levels he could still be very important for us if he accepted a rotation part. Like today at 2-0 we nearly choked and our defence was shaky, De Jong used to be such a presence in front of them that he fed the defence confidence and assurance.

If we sign another defensive midfielder though it's curtains for him but with the De Rossi deal looking unlikely and Bilbao wanting over £30million for Martinez, it's not that easy to find a great all-rounder.

would be gutted to see him go but i have to agree seeing savics performance today we do need a new(better)CB and i feel bad when de jong always sits on the bench should go somewhere where he plays every week.

Going nowhere yet anyway.

-

Sky Sports sources understand Manchester City have rejected enquires from Juventus and Galatasaray for out-of-favour midfielder Nigel de Jong.

De Jong has fallen down manager Roberto Mancini's pecking order at City, losing his starting spot to the likes of Gareth Barry, Yaya Toure and James Milner.

The Dutchman has 18 months remaining on his contract at Ethiad Stadium and is yet to negotiate a new deal.

Serie A leaders Juve and Turkish giants Galatasaray have both made approaches but City have knocked back their enquiries.

QPR are also thought to be targeting the 27-year-old, who arrived in Manchester from Hamburg in 2009.

He has made just eight Premier League appearances for City this season and was an unused substitute in Sunday's 3-2 triumph at home to Tottenham.

a non ACON year Mancini would probably let him go if Nigel wanted to leave. Impossible this January.

No way, he's just fallen behind Barry and Milner in the pecking order. If we did sell him then had to go without either Barry or Milner for half a dozen games or more... well you can imagine what the reaction would be.

I know he hasn't played at centre back since HSV, and even then it was only to cover and injury crisis, but even with his lack of height I'd prefer him alongside Lescott than Savic at the moment.

GazC said:
No way, he's just fallen behind Barry and Milner in the pecking order. If we did sell him then had to go without either Barry or Milner for half a dozen games or more... well you can imagine what the reaction would be.

I know he hasn't played at centre back since HSV, and even then it was only to cover and injury crisis, but even with his lack of height I'd prefer him alongside Lescott than Savic at the moment.

centre back pmsl!

birchwoodgingerste said:
GazC said:

centre back pmsl!

He's played there for Ajax, HSV and Holland but it was more to highlight my lack of faith in Savic than De Jong's aerial prowess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.