should city sell de jong?

GazC said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
GazC said:
No way, he's just fallen behind Barry and Milner in the pecking order. If we did sell him then had to go without either Barry or Milner for half a dozen games or more... well you can imagine what the reaction would be.

I know he hasn't played at centre back since HSV, and even then it was only to cover and injury crisis, but even with his lack of height I'd prefer him alongside Lescott than Savic at the moment.

centre back pmsl!

He's played there for Ajax, HSV and Holland but it was more to highlight my lack of faith in Savic than De Jong's aerial prowess.

i understand your thinking just trying to picture him marking peter crouch!

birchwoodgingerste said:
GazC said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
centre back pmsl!

He's played there for Ajax, HSV and Holland but it was more to highlight my lack of faith in Savic than De Jong's aerial prowess.

i understand your thinking just trying to picture him marking peter crouch!

He'd destroy the gangly fucker! :D

GazC said:
No way, he's just fallen behind Barry and Milner in the pecking order. If we did sell him then had to go without either Barry or Milner for half a dozen games or more... well you can imagine what the reaction would be.

I know he hasn't played at centre back since HSV, and even then it was only to cover and injury crisis, but even with his lack of height I'd prefer him alongside Lescott than Savic at the moment.
Reminded me of this PMSL
images

I know he's played right back but centre half............pull the other one.

I think he offers us great options when we want to change the style of play.
If we are winning and want to calm a game down he is still one of the best imo.

I don't want to see him go but i understand if he does.

Neil McNab said:
GazC said:

Reminded me of this PMSL
images

I know he's played right back but centre half............pull the other one.

He's the same height as Mascherano but, again, I'll quantity my post as being tongue-in-cheek at my lack of faith in Savic rather than any ability De Jong may or may not have in that position.

TCIB said:

Playing deep and inviting teams on isn't calming a game down, we payed 3 times what he was worth and he's not good enough for a top 3 team playing expansive football.

Neil McNab said:
TCIB said:

Playing deep and inviting teams on isn't calming a game down, we payed 3 times what he was worth and he's not good enough for a top 3 team playing expansive football.

Well said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.