should city sell de jong?

Who said anything about playing deep, we play good expansive football with gazbaz as it is, alas gazbaz is first choice now.

If someone like the rags are pushing in the last 20 mins keep players forward but having De Jong as extra cover infront is no bad thing.
This pushes other teams wide where we are comfortable having them provided it is Micah and Clichy playing.

I see what your getting at but i think it is a fallacy that playing De Jong = sitting back.

I think he is more than good enough for a top 3 club.

Neil McNab said:
TCIB said:
I think he offers us great options when we want to change the style of play.
If we are winning and want to calm a game down he is still one of the best imo.

I don't want to see him go but i understand if he does.
Playing deep and inviting teams on isn't calming a game down, we payed 3 times what he was worth and he's not good enough for a top 3 team playing expansive football.

Yeah he was expensive. Will we get half of it back?

What's the word on Hargreaves by the way? No chance of him being a match day squad regular?

I have to say sell him, he is not progressive enough on the park and always slows our game down by passing backwards or sideways. He seems to not want to be positive with his play due to being scared of making a mistake. If we could get 15+ for him I would be happy and replace him with a defensive mid with a bit more going forward

The games we've had trouble in are the games where it appears the opposition are parking the bus, in fact a lot of the time it's because we're too slow in attack. Players like De Jong who can't pick a long pass are no good as is the pathetic Mancini tactic of pass it around sideways till the opposition can get back in position and defend more easily.
Who ever plays deep needs to be able to pick a pass!

could anyone imagine de jong as a converted CB? like kompany and mascherano at barcelona?

don't hammer me : )

QuickSilva said:
could anyone imagine de jong as a converted CB? like kompany and mascherano at barcelona?

don't hammer me : )

How many five foot 8 centre halves have there been in the prem? I'll have a guess at none

birchwoodgingerste said:
i like big nige over the past few seasons he has been one of my favourite city players but the more i look at his situation at city and his recent lack of match time maybe this is the right time to cash in and release some funds so bobby can go out and sign a centre back.would any over blues cash in now?

Definitely sell. We've moved on, and need a 'destroyer' to do a bit more with the ball than just giving it to someone else.

If he's happy to be a squad player, then no. If he isn't, then yes.

However, despite the result the other night, seeing him score with a tackle from 25 yards is something that will live in my memory for a long time, :P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.