should city sell de jong?

bluethai said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, DJ+Barry+Milner = Fellaini! City doesn't need those jack of all trades to pass side way to the bank but a complete package DM like Fellaini who can boss the midfield alongside Yaya is the key to champions imo.

Yes Fellaini is a great fit and will complement/backup Yaya.
He has great aerial ability too.

I would keep Barry & Milner tho' because together they are a great duo together.
I believe if a player like Fellaini was in our central mid postion yesterday Luke would not have scored or even outduel Rooney to prevent his header FA cup match recently.

We should do a Lescott on him!

i would sell DeJong just because i am sick to death of him getting the ball then doing his stupid back heel spin move.

I've got to the stage where i'm waiting for it to happen as the balls on it's way to him.

To stay he needs to pass forward quickly to a City team mate more quickly to stay. That said at the moment he's one of our best players which sort of shows how things have declined over the last 3 games.

De Jong should stay, he's our best DM. He's doing a lot of work off-the-ball, closing players down,
disrupting opposition play. He does the work others are not too keen on, you have to give him some credit for that.
I think it's better to hold on to him for a while, unless we bring in a real worldclass DM like......

If we cant get de Jongs contract settled ill be so pissed and disappointed at Mancini. He has been an absolute defensive beast for us. Hes our most consistent midfield, and his presence will be missed if he goes to Milan. I hate how Barry has somehow surpassed de Jong in DM department. Barry is good, yes, and a great vetran presence. But de Jong is younger and better. This summer: Hargreaves out, de Jong new contract.

Connor11 said:
If we cant get de Jongs contract settled ill be so pissed and disappointed at Mancini. He has been an absolute defensive beast for us. Hes our most consistent midfield, and his presence will be missed if he goes to Milan. I hate how Barry has somehow surpassed de Jong in DM department. Barry is good, yes, and a great vetran presence. But de Jong is younger and better. This summer: Hargreaves out, de Jong new contract.

I don't think anyone on here feels any different than you when it comes to Nigel's qualities. Yes he is our best DM, best tackler and so on... but the thing is our team and style of play should not be in need of such a player with a very limited range of skills.

Look at other squads, top teams and others such as Swansea for example, teams who also pass the ball a lot, keeps possession and so on. Our squad is among the best five in the world and we have enough quality to manage without a pure DM such as De Jong.
All other top team use a defence-oriented midfielder, who is not restricted in their capacity to disrupting opponents attacks, but also great at moving the ball from defence to offence in an efficient manner.

So yes I would rather see a player like Alonso, Martinez, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Busquets to name a few as our DM.

I think our squad is an under performing side to be honest, in spite of our league position. We should be next to impossible to beat considering the players we have. We should have no need for a tactic where a players such as De jong was a necessity.

Matt the Giant said:
Connor11 said:

I don't think anyone on here feels any different than you when it comes to Nigel's qualities. Yes he is our best DM, best tackler and so on... but the thing is our team and style of play should not be in need of such a player with a very limited range of skills.

Look at other squads, top teams and others such as Swansea for example, teams who also pass the ball a lot, keeps possession and so on. Our squad is among the best five in the world and we have enough quality to manage without a pure DM such as De Jong.
All other top team use a defence-oriented midfielder, who is not restricted in their capacity to disrupting opponents attacks, but also great at moving the ball from defence to offence in an efficient manner.

So yes I would rather see a player like Alonso, Martinez, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Busquets to name a few as our DM.

I think our squad is an under performing side to be honest, in spite of our league position. We should be next to impossible to beat considering the players we have. We should have no need for a tactic where a players such as De jong was a necessity.
other top teams like barca and real also play defensive midfielders,but i understand your point de jong is not the best passer of the ball.Another player that i like to point out is Vidal from Juve.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=341711" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=341711</a>

Milan and Juve want him.

LoveCity said:
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=341711

Milan and Juve want him.

I was discussing this earlier with some others. Should the whole Mourinho/Ronaldo conundrum come to fruition, I could see Mancini, Dzeko and De Jong all join Juve, with Balotelli joining Milan. Opinion of course...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.