should city sell de jong?

Tevez City said:
Is there any club out there who is willing to pay +10 Million Pound for him ?

Bayern, Real, Chelsea, PSG, Malaga, Anzhi, Inter...

All of these clubs could use a central midfielder with Nigels ability.

Taranis said:
Nigel de Jong does not fit our system any more. He is an outstanding holding midfielder, first and foremost, however if you have to choose between Yaya and NDJ, Yaya wins every time because of his offensive upside compared to NDJ's zero offensive output. If we were playing a defensive game (such as away in Europe) then we have Yaya Toure and Barry. NDJ has no place in the team at present and should be sold in the off season, if for nothing else so he can play regular football.

a squad is made up of players who offer different attributes

We're Inter you! De Jong wanted by Serie A strugglers to add some steal
By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 10:53 PM on 7th March 2012

Inter Milan are showing an interest in Manchester City's Nigel de Jong.

The Dutchman has fallen out of favour at the Etihad Stadium, with Gareth Barry and Yaya Toure both excelling in central midfield.

Meanwhile, Roberto Mancini has also ordered staff to keep an eye on Anderlecht's Cheikhou Kouyate, who once interested Arsenal.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2111792/Inter-Milan-wants-Nigel-Jong.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Jong.html</a>

Barrys isn't the most mobile player we have and he's now 31. I'd keep Nige for the player he is and look for a Barry replacement.

Mr White said:
Barrys isn't the most mobile player we have and he's now 31. I'd keep Nige for the player he is and look for a Barry replacement.

We have a Barry replacement in Milner.

Barry & Milner combo is better than Barry/NDJ or Milner/NDJ combo.

NDJ is a one dimensional player (and not at his best ATM) whereas Barry & Milner are 2-way players.

The quality for top CM players (like Yaya) needed or required has surpassed what NDJ can provide.

I'd cash in on him this summer, as can't see his contract being renewed and as has been said, he's not as important to us now as he was. And let's not forget, he was very important. Not a criticism per se, just an observation based on his skill set and our needs looking forward.

birchwoodgingerste said:
jonmcity said:
Mr White said:

We have a Barry replacement in Milner.

milners not good enough!!
Lets remember that Milner is still quite young. As he mature I can see him playing the Barry role very well. But tbh I'd rather we bring in somebody like De Rossi (impossible now) or Javi Martinez

What we really need is two Yaya Toure's playing in the middle. Maybe Mancini will find just the guy, like he did with Yaya when nobody expected him to be anything more than a defensive mid and now he's the best CM in England.

Who knows maybe Milner could be that player. He certainly looked like it at Villa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.