should city sell de jong?

BlueMoonz1977 said:
The sale of De Jong could now rest on the possible capture of Martinez from Bilbao. If that deal is successful then I think De Jong would be sold.
agreed!! martinez also alot more versatility as well.

I'd like us to keep De Jong he's one of the best Defensive mids in Europe and seems popular with the squad, that said if he doesn't sign a new contract and we can get what we paid for him then we should sell him rather than risk letting him go on a free.

As for a replacement that Martinez at athletic, looked quality the few times I've seen him play.

citysince88 said:
I'd like us to keep De Jong he's one of the best Defensive mids in Europe and seems popular with the squad, that said if he doesn't sign a new contract and we can get what we paid for him then we should sell him rather than risk letting him go on a free.

As for a replacement that Martinez at athletic, looked quality the few times I've seen him play.
i am hoping that De Jong will become the 2012/3 equivalent of our star squad member for 2011/2 and our Mr.Versatility, namely Pablo Zabaleta. His presence on the training field alone is worth his weight in gold.

I think Nige has been brilliant in several key games, when we needed to push forward for that vital goal, he allows yaya to push on further up the pitch, and i believe he gives stability and confidence to the back 4, if we do sell him we HAVE to replace him with an even better defensive holding player, he also seems like a top lad too

Hkibou said:
Hkibou said:
Selling him wouldn't hurt your reputation.
I really don't know the lad but in France De Jong is seen like a butcher with no brains, who enjoys breaking legs rather than scoring :P

Many are those who didn't forgive what he did to Ben arfa

I know that, i just say that is how he is seen.

get a job in france - you dont support city and just offend them and us

have too much time on your hands.

I'd not be in any hurry to lose important members of our squad, and Nigel is definitely one of them.

He was one of those who drove us forward during the final throes of the QPR game, and his contribution (both defensively and for all to see in this final game of our season - in 'never-say-die-spirit') shouldn't be underestimated.

If you lose players to injury and to international competition, you need strength in depth. He does a great job, and is a great professional.

I say NDJ "for the win"!

pudge said:
Tevez City said:
Will any club pay more than +10 Million Pound for him ?
Is this a serious question?

Oh wait, it's Tevez City....
To be honest, I would be surprised if we got a lot more than £10 million for Nigel.

Would be daft to sell him unless a new midfielder comes in. However if we do get a midfielder with the right skill set (Martinez?), one of Milner or de Jong will probably have to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.