Should Hodgson go?

KippaxCitizen said:
the blue panther said:
He got the job because it was between him and Redcrap, due to the media's fixation on us having an English/English speaking manager.... - in fact, there are probably better candidates than Hodgson to be found in the animal kingdom as well.

So you don't think he's the man for the job then?

No, and when you look at the football produced by the numerous "lesser footballing nations," it's very sad that we've had to put up with a complete shower of shite from what was more than a half decent squad, which had massive investment in acclimatisation and planning.
We didn't make the last 16, and it seems that we weren't ever in real danger of being one of the best 24, and its no consolation that Spain, Portugal and Italy also failed - they still looked light years ahead of England.
Woy's in place for the duration - Greg Dyke said he's there for a 4 year cycle. Easy qualifying group in the Euro's and the media will hype everyone up "gung ho" for France 2016. I won't be holding my breath in the expectation of a better showing in a tournament any time soon while Hodgson's in charge. He'll complete his 4 year cycle of shite, then get his big pension - and an MBE no doubt.

He isn't going to take the next group of lads so your Sterling, Barkley, Shaw, Sturridge and so on and turn them into an attacking team that has half a chance at the international stage. So he has to go.

He is a dinosaur I believe, will do a solid job at any club side where has 38 games to do alright for your likes of Fulham, maybe a cup run but on the international stage you have very little time to pick up points.

I can't name someone to replace him right now.

Whoever comes in unfortunately will be held by the FA stranglehold and the same nonsense picks like Smalling will still be in the squad based purely on who they play for rather than how well they are playing.

Yes , its time to go Roy . We were shite even in the qualifying for the World Cup . No away win against Ukraine , Poland or Montenegro .

Very average manager.
Thing is the press are touting Gary Neville as his replacement. The guy who organised England's defence for the WC...

BlueAnorak said:
Very average manager.
Thing is the press are touting Gary Neville as his replacement. The guy who organised England's defence for the WC...

What Defence!

He means well but clearly isn't up to it.
No obvious candidate to replace him but the FA must drop their ludicous English Managers only stance.
As soon as I saw our forwards haring about in the heat and humidity I knew that we were f*cked. Our mediocre defence and DM's can't cope when it breaks down

We don't pass and move or retain possession well enough to go far in a tournement in these conditions so while our pace and power game can win the odd game against decent opposition it soon is found out and this is what happened again.

Of course he should go.
He got the tactics completely wrong (only two in midfield, Gerrard & Henderson, where we lost it) , and that is 100% the responsibility of the manager.

Len Rum said:
Of course he should go.
He got the tactics completely wrong (only two in midfield, Gerrard & Henderson, where we lost it) , and that is 100% the responsibility of the manager.

I heard a lad of about 12 say how gerrard was a liability in such a role and Lampard still had a role to give.
Fuck me if a 12 year old can see it surely a man with Roy's experience could?

Our biggest mistake was Gerrard imo.
We had zero midfield presence with him.

Even B&Q would think twice before giving this doddering buffoon a job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.