Should Hodgson go?

He got the job because it was between him and Redcrap, due to the media's fixation on us having an English/English speaking manager. He was, and is, the establishment's man - won f... all, but, so what - he managed Dipperpool for a spell - was way out of his depth there, but, what the heck!
The reality was that Capello actually speaks clearer English than Hodgson does.
He talks about trying to win 'Football matches' when he's a football manager; why not just say 'Matches.' (David Platt always had the same problem.)
He talks about scoring from 'Goal Chances' instead of just 'Chances' - which the rest of the English speaking population say.
He runs on to the pitch with his hands still thrust into his trouser pockets - what's that all about! Check the footage if you can - priceless! He looked like something out of a Peter Kay sketch after that Costa Rica game.
And why was he running onto the pitch when all we had done was drawn "Nought nought" - as opposed to "nil-nil" as the rest of the English speaking population would say (Apart from Glenda Hoddle) - against Costa Rica's totally unmotivated reserve team - who played as if they were on the beach with their flip flops on?
We got a point.
We finished last in the group.
I had little expectation of England in this world cup; I didn't think that I was actually overestimating them, as I should have had no expectations whatsoever.
I often call him 'The Penguin' but, he's got the face of a rodent, the mannerisms of a pigeon, and talks in riddles, with about as much charisma as a gnat. He always looks uncomfortable, uncertain and shifty. He is shite, and that has been proven in the last 3 weeks beyond any doubt.
It isn't hard to think of people better suited for the job of inspiring our proud footballing nation for another 2 years. Take your pick of 99% of the earth's population - in fact, there are probably better candidates than Hodgson to be found in the animal kingdom as well.

wayne71 said:
Blue Hefner said:
I might bookmark this to save me writing it in 2yrs, and 2yrs after that...

I didn't bookmark this but it wasn't hard to find, I can't believe how so many people thought it was a good appointment at the time.

<a class="postlink" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=255283&hilit=hodgson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewt ... it=hodgson</a>

I am on page 2 of that one.

"Anyone but Twitcher equals a win for decency and common sense."

Hindsight says I was right about the first bit and wrong about the second.

Blue Hefner said:
manchester blue said:
wayne71 said:
I didn't bookmark this but it wasn't hard to find, I can't believe how so many people thought it was a good appointment at the time.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=255283&hilit=hodgson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=14&t=255283&hilit=hodgson</a>

Was it not just him v Dodgy Redknapp at the time. I don't think he should go. Fine margins. Sacking a manager every time isn't the right thing to do. City fans should know that all too well.

City's problem was never the sacking of managers, our problem was when it came to hiring good ones!

I think City have usually sacked well but hired poorly(up until recently)

City in the 80s and 90s is a good comparison with England - out of their depth managers overwhelmed by politics and off field activities that they were powerless to influence. Under Swales the manager was often a peripheral figure much like Roy is at the FA.

He was a typical 'Committee ' appointment.. He couldn't manage Liverpool but filled the side with scousers !!!.. No doubt the FA will now line up Pearce rather than have some balls and leadership .

No need to get rid of Hodgson and not just, because he is Croydon's greatest ever. We just don't have the players to win or even challenge for a tournament yet. The brief has to be bleed as many youngsters and introduce the new generation for the future team. Personally not only would I keep Hodgson, but would make Shaw, Barkley, Chamberlain etc all go to the U21 Euro's next year.

the blue panther said:
He got the job because it was between him and Redcrap, due to the media's fixation on us having an English/English speaking manager. He was, and is, the establishment's man - won f... all, but, so what - he managed Dipperpool for a spell - was way out of his depth there, but, what the heck!
The reality was that Capello actually speaks clearer English than Hodgson does.
He talks about trying to win 'Football matches' when he's a football manager; why not just say 'Matches.' (David Platt always had the same problem.)
He talks about scoring from 'Goal Chances' instead of just 'Chances' - which the rest of the English speaking population say.
He runs on to the pitch with his hands still thrust into his trouser pockets - what's that all about! Check the footage if you can - priceless! He looked like something out of a Peter Kay sketch after that Costa Rica game.
And why was he running onto the pitch when all we had done was drawn "Nought nought" - as opposed to "nil-nil" as the rest of the English speaking population would say (Apart from Glenda Hoddle) - against Costa Rica's totally unmotivated reserve team - who played as if they were on the beach with their flip flops on?
We got a point.
We finished last in the group.
I had little expectation of England in this world cup; I didn't think that I was actually overestimating them, as I should have had no expectations whatsoever.
I often call him 'The Penguin' but, he's got the face of a rodent, the mannerisms of a pigeon, and talks in riddles, with about as much charisma as a gnat. He always looks uncomfortable, uncertain and shifty. He is shite, and that has been proven in the last 3 weeks beyond any doubt.
It isn't hard to think of people better suited for the job of inspiring our proud footballing nation for another 2 years. Take your pick of 99% of the earth's population - in fact, there are probably better candidates than Hodgson to be found in the animal kingdom as well.
So you don't think he's the man for the job then?

supercrystal7 said:
No need to get rid of Hodgson and not just, because he is Croydon's greatest ever. We just don't have the players to win or even challenge for a tournament yet. The brief has to be bleed as many youngsters and introduce the new generation for the future team. Personally not only would I keep Hodgson, but would make Shaw, Barkley, Chamberlain etc all go to the U21 Euro's next year.
I thought we should do that n'all.

KippaxCitizen said:
supercrystal7 said:
I thought we should do that n'all.

I'm pretty sure Pearce was on Talksport a few nights ago ranting about this.

In fact, here's the link.

<a class="postlink" href="http://talksport.com/football/other-countries-must-look-england-and-laugh-stuart-pearces-damning-verdict-after-uruguay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://talksport.com/football/other-cou ... er-uruguay</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.