Should it have stood?

It wasn't offside. He made no attempt to go for the ball. I remember we scored one at West Ham a few years ago where Negredo actually dummied the ball miles offside and Aguero runs on to score.

The foul on the other hand is ridiculous. It's innocuous, it's accidental, but has a fundamental effect on the player having a clear run on goal so how it isn't given is unbelievable. Anyone would think UEFA were looking for a way to do is over.....

That said, it doesn't alter the fact we deserved absolutely nothing from that game and I feel more annoyed today than last night!

For me it’s offside. It’s not like he’s stood aside and let the ball go past, he’s actually had to open his legs to let the ball carry on, so he’s active by doing a dummy that made our defenders hesitate

As for the foul it’s 100% a foul. Let’s face it if fuckin Peter Walton says the ref was wrong he definitely got it wrong

Biggest scam is the lack of transparency and what potential infringements UEFA are looking at when making such decisions.

Everyone hates the lines when it's a close offside call but at least the Premier League show the TV audience and in real-time when they are drawing the actual lines.

UEFA don't show shit during the decision making process and we have to pick the bones from the limited replays and angles they make available.

The TV director/production company is obviously under the instruction of UEFA to keep replays of contentious decisions down to a minimum.

No I think it was a good decision. Laporte who was poor all night ran accross and tripped over the attackers leg. The conspiracy theorists will no doubt make hay in the days ahead but yet again it was schoolyard defending and poor finishing that done us in yet again. Will Pep get another chance to get eliminated at the QF stage maybe not.
Even though he didn't touch it the guy was interfering with play. Had he not been there Laporte wouldn't have been angling his run across to cover him. Had he not been doing that the guy who scored wouldn't have clipped his heel and he wouldn't have fallen over.

I think he did touch it though. There was a super slow mo enhanced image in the coverage last night. I was i the pub and both me and my mate jumped and said he touched it. Not seen it again. You can sort of see it here at about 40 seconds.

They make the rules up as they go along, we know that...and it always seems to go against us. I wasn't even angry about it last night, I was just resigned to it.

It wasn't offside. He made no attempt to go for the ball. I remember we scored one at West Ham a few years ago where Negredo actually dummied the ball miles offside and Aguero runs on to score.

The foul on the other hand is ridiculous. It's innocuous, it's accidental, but has a fundamental effect on the player having a clear run on goal so how it isn't given is unbelievable. Anyone would think UEFA were looking for a way to do is over.....

That said, it doesn't alter the fact we deserved absolutely nothing from that game and I feel more annoyed today than last night!
Good shout re the goal at West Ham. Remember at the time thinking what a great dummy by Negredo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.