Should Lescott get a new contract?

karen7 said:
He has a chance now to prove himself but i think pellers has already decided.Bad form from the club to have said nothing to him,he was one of the reasons we won the title so he deserves to be told where he stands one way or the other
agree and he is a top pro. not been treated well

cleavers said:
Lancet Fluke said:
The manager must think he's fucking awful though given the number of times he has picked Garcia in the back four ahead of him so it is probably in everybody's interest for him to move to a club where he'll get more games.
He picks Garcia because he can kick a ball with his right foot, which Lescott only uses for standing on. Lescott is fine anywhere on the left side, facing forwards, but he can only use the one foot, so put him on the wrong side, or the wrong foot, and he struggles badly.

Keep him for me, he's a decent left sided centre back (and good in the air), and could probably fill in at left back if we were desperate, but never use him on the right side of anything.

He's still a better at defending than Garcia whichever side you play him on imo. Garcia can't tackle and doesn't have the positioning to play in the back four. I'd have thought those two things would be more important than being able to pass well with your right foot even if you are playing as the right sided centre back. I might be wrong but I think it was the Everton game this season where VK had gone off, Lescott got shifted over to the right of the two centre backs and in that second half he looked solid and defensively as a whole we looked much better than we had in the first half. So he can do it.

Lancet Fluke said:
cleavers said:
Lancet Fluke said:
The manager must think he's fucking awful though given the number of times he has picked Garcia in the back four ahead of him so it is probably in everybody's interest for him to move to a club where he'll get more games.
He picks Garcia because he can kick a ball with his right foot, which Lescott only uses for standing on. Lescott is fine anywhere on the left side, facing forwards, but he can only use the one foot, so put him on the wrong side, or the wrong foot, and he struggles badly.

Keep him for me, he's a decent left sided centre back (and good in the air), and could probably fill in at left back if we were desperate, but never use him on the right side of anything.

He's still a better at defending than Garcia whichever side you play him on imo. Garcia can't tackle and doesn't have the positioning to play in the back four. I'd have thought those two things would be more important than being able to pass well with your right foot even if you are playing as the right sided centre back. I might be wrong but I think it was the Everton game this season where VK had gone off, Lescott got shifted over to the right of the two centre backs and in that second half he looked solid and defensively as a whole we looked much better than we had in the first half. So he can do it.

Lescott is better then garcia if you ask me. Garcia a good player but more a midfielder then a defender.

gooner2 said:
karen7 said:
He has a chance now to prove himself but i think pellers has already decided.Bad form from the club to have said nothing to him,he was one of the reasons we won the title so he deserves to be told where he stands one way or the other
agree and he is a top pro. not been treated well

We have been paying him over twice his market value for years, I assure he has been treated just fine.

It's not really practical to have 22 superstars in the team as it's so hard to keep them all happy and you can't just rotate rotate to give everyone a share of the games. So on that basis it's important to have good enough quality in the squad that you can throw into games and expect to keep the overall team standards up.

Lescott isn't likely to be a first choice but is certainly worth a squad place and to fight for his place. So far this season he has been very good when called upon with his weakest game being the last one and I would be more then happy to keep him at the club.

Lancet Fluke said:
cleavers said:
Lancet Fluke said:

I fully agree. He could still be a starter in 80 % of PL clubs. He should be given a proper chance or be allowed to leave. The Funny thing is that in FEW games he played this year he was very decent in all except one game. Ok he can be slow. But he is good defender especially in the air.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.