Should Lescott get a new contract?

Should he get a new contract? Yes he should, he is a good defender who along with Kompany won us the league and not long ago either, we do have other centre backs, but as we are finding out with Zab and Richards, if we don't have enough at some positions it could give us problems, with all the games coming up we need to change from time to time.

Think Rekik will replace him next season

Been a great player for the club though, hopefully can add another league title to his list of honours before he leaves.

Since he nearly cost us the league against QPR, I cant remember him having one game where I've thought he's a decent defender. Granted, for the most part of our title winning season he was pretty solid alongside Vinnie, but never at any point in his career have I ever thought he should be playing for a top club challenging for honours.

For a professional footballer the only word I can think of to describe him with the ball at his feet is 'tragic'.

The way we set up with a high line under Manuel now, more or less renders him utterly useless unless he's challenging for headers. He doesn't have any pace, he's hopeless with the ball at his feet and his passing is beyond awful.

The only player I would rather see leave the club is Garcia.

Biggest no ever from me.

dan.j.mcfc said:
Since he nearly cost us the league against QPR, I cant remember him having one game where I've thought he's a decent defender. Granted, for the most part of our title winning season he was pretty solid alongside Vinnie, but never at any point in his career have I ever thought he should be playing for a top club challenging for honours.

For a professional footballer the only word I can think of to describe him with the ball at his feet is 'tragic'.

The way we set up with a high line under Manuel now, more or less renders him utterly useless unless he's challenging for headers. He doesn't have any pace, he's hopeless with the ball at his feet and his passing is beyond awful.

The only player I would rather see leave the club is Garcia.

Biggest no ever from me.

He's not a worldie but he's played a big part for us .

It's all about opinions. You should post less often. That's mine.

Why the fuck do so many bang on about reducing his wages? Its not like we will get a couple of quid off a ticket if he does.

what none of us now is his value to team morale. He appears popular from Citytv and things like that are important.

Give him a contract.

Joleon will be leaving maybe in Jan to help his final attempt at getting on the plane to Brazil (I doubt if he will be asked) or in the summer. The club are right not to offer an extension - why? Well two main reasons 1. Whereas he has been a part of our development and was great in the dressing room as well as steady on the pitch- his form is now on the way down. We have moved on in terms of the system we will play and that is why he is now a fringe player and footballing centre backs are preferred. And 2. To attract players before we got to where we are now we had to overpay in both transfer fee and wages. I see some posters are asking "why it is important to have a wage structure? and it will not effect us if the club pay him his current high wage" I have to disagree - the model the club are working to now is to add incentives and only if we were to get a global superstar such as Messi would an exception be made. This is a good model to work to and the development of our academy is only five years away. To have someone like Joleon who plays rarely and is on 30-40k per week more can be a little toxic. Lescott has been an integral part of our development but it really is time to move on.Manuel will hopefully develop younger versions to become our fringe players. Younger players who can pass with both feet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.