Should Tevez contract be extended

Carlos Tevez 182 games 81 goals 0.44
Edin Dzeko 175 games 92 goals 0.52
Kun Aguero 227 games 106 goals 0.47
Mario Balotelli 112 games 40 goals 0.35

Cavani 195/103 0.53
Falcao 103/84 0.82

OK these are the bare stats and the stats can lie. eg

Many of Falcao's goals scored in the Portuguese league. Having said that he is scoring at a higher rate for Atletico.

Edin would have started more games than the others as a sub for us.

Mario is younger than the others.

But taking it all into account I would have thought that Balotelli and Tevez could go for different reasons. It is debateable whether Mario will ever score enough. Kun or Carlos. Well Kun cause he's young and will improve.

So Falcao, Kun, Edin and Guidetti for me.<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:34 pm --<br /><br />
welsh_andy said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
welsh_andy said:
we will have no chance getting Falcao, i reckon 100% he will go with pep at bayern
Highly doubt he will go to Bayern. We must go all out for him though in the summer would take us to that next level.
i think we need some fast wingers, yes we need another world class striker, but will Falcao perform in premier, like most players from abroad its a risk, how many times have we seen it in past, they maybe world class in europe or world, but can they perform in the premier. see it so many times these high priced players just cant hack it in our game. but maybe a risk worth taking

Falcao is scoring twice as many goals for Atletico as Kun did and he aint done bad here.

welsh_andy said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
welsh_andy said:
we will have no chance getting Falcao, i reckon 100% he will go with pep at bayern
Highly doubt he will go to Bayern. We must go all out for him though in the summer would take us to that next level.
i think we need some fast wingers, yes we need another world class striker, but will Falcao perform in premier, like most players from abroad its a risk, how many times have we seen it in past, they maybe world class in europe or world, but can they perform in the premier. see it so many times these high priced players just cant hack it in our game. but maybe a risk worth taking
I thint scoring against the likes of Madrid, Chelsea and Barce have proved he can cut it at any level.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP_fijQC_D8[/youtube]

I will be sorry to see Tevez go when the time comes. Despite the issues he's played a big part in our transformation.

The upside of this latest interview is that it gives plenty of time to plan ahead proactively. Much rather this than be painted into a corner.

As other posters have shown, we have various options to consider. Not all of them are disastrous by any means. With the right noises behind the scenes there's no reason why Tevez can't continue to contribute positively in the interim.

nicko said:
The Scarlet Pimpernel said:
Brendan110_0 said:
I think he'll see out his contract and go back to Argentina. Nowt wrong with that if he gives us 100% commitment until then.

This

+2

financial lunacy
although i think ffp wont have a legal foot to stand on, i think it looks like our owners have maybe tightened the purse strings. this means we cannot just toss the possible chance of recouping some money with the sale of tevez.

we could use these proceeds to possibly buy a younger upgrade

Pride_In_Battle said:
Pride_In_Battle said:
black mamba said:
According to todays media Tevez will definetely be leaving at the end of his contract , in 18 months time ...... and they reckon he's said in an Argentinian interview that he'd rather have turned out for Boca against River Plate yesterday , than for City against Fulham.

Quotes-only article:

I've got a year left on my contract at Manchester City and they want me to sign for two more seasons.

I would prefer to return home, but it is very difficult because City won't let me leave for nothing.

I will stay in Europe for another two years and then go back.

Boca's president always says the door is open for me to re-join them and I am dying to pull on their shirt once more. I want to end my career with them. It is my dream and the dream of my family as well.

But I am under contract and have to be here in England.

I almost retired last year. I had lost the desire to play and spent time crying alone in my room.

Bad things happened one after the other. I was knocked out of the Copa America with Argentina and I had my dispute with Roberto Mancini.

I suffered psychologically. I did not want anything to do with football.

I am much better now. I am winning people over because I began the new season well.

Although my form dipped, I am on my way back. I have lost weight and I can run faster.

I still don’t like being substituted. I am a hot-blooded individual, but at least I now understand the manager’s reasons.

In the past I used to call him [Mancini] every name under the sun, but now I understand he does it for the good of the team.

Anyone else noticed it's always around this time of year he kicks up a stink? Slightly earlier last year, but in 2010 he handed in a transfer request in time for the January window, last year he was off playing golf in Argentina. Now he says he's only here because he's contracted to be here. Get shut of him and Balotelli, bring in Falcao and promote Guidetti. Jobs a good'un, and at least then we'll have players who actually want to play!

It's not the weather, I'm afraid.

Tevez looks happy and settled again, putting in decent performances. But the transfer window is open, and City have made it public that they don't re-negotiate contracts mid-season.

Suddenly a series of 'quotes' appear about Tevez being unsettled, wanting to return to Argentina and his dream of playing for another team? All this just 8 weeks after Hughes gets sacked and a certain scumbag agent who was using QPR as a front for all his transfer deals now has a lot more time on his hands?

Sorry to say it gents, but looks like Kia is back.

I just hope we give Guidetti a chance before we sell 2 strikers and replace them with 2 more.

Maybe he won't be good enough but his track record suggests he deserves a chance to play for us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.