Should Tevez contract be extended

The problem is of course, we cant allow all high value players to leave at the end of contracts becaue it would leave us having to replace a lot of important figures at around the same time.
It also leaves us having to spend loads without getting anything in.
Its a difficult one really because we dont want to be a selling club whilst not being in a position anymore to be a buying club.
It will be interesting to see what happens.
We will be helped in midfield and defence because it looks like we may have a some top class kids coming through but that doesnt appear to happening up front and we can only rely on it to a small extent anyway.

I believe he hasnt scored in 10 games this season, there's definetely something wrong with him physically? drop some weight carlos! that has always been his problem

"Tevez: I won’t extend my Manchester City contract"

i really doubt he would have said something like this in an interview. He will stay in England for another 3 years. But he's desperate to go back to Argentina now that Riquelme is gone

dzeko01 said:

i really doubt he would have said something like this in an interview.

Given what he's said during interviews in the past, it's hardly surprising and everyone knew he was never going to extend anyway. Works for me, he can stick around for another season then fuck off to South America so I never have to see his ugly mug again.

dzeko01 said:
I believe he hasnt scored in 10 games this season, there's definetely something wrong with him physically? drop some weight carlos! that has always been his problem

i really doubt he would have said something like this in an interview. He will stay in England for another 3 years. But he's desperate to go back to Argentina now that Riquelme is gone

Tevez has dropped too much weight in my opinion. He is far happier and better on the field a bit chunkier

That's why he's not scoring, he should lay off the the porridge and eat some steaks.

coulsonblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Paul11/12 said:
IMO he's better for us now than he was then, he used to chase balls down on his own and become isolated, now he has help. There were a couple of times today when Fulham had the ball, that 3/4 players were pressing and chasing and we soon got it back. Tevez, Clichy, Silva, Zabba and Milner were outstanding today!
He carried us almost single handedly and got 30 goals a season 2-3 years ago. He looks a pale shadow of that player, partly because he suited being the lone frontman better, partly because he's never got his full fitness back and partly because he's playing terribly.

I'm starting to think that his first two years with us will turn out to be the highlight of his career.

20. his best ever return, never scored more. Hardly prolific

He was never "prolific" Dave, he's not a great finisher. He makes something out of nothing or puts his foot through the ball. 2/3 years ago he didn't have World class players around him to make the most of him,good players but not World class. His energy raises the game of the whole team IMO, and U can't buy that!

i read in the mirror he wants to run his contract down and return to boca however man city doesnt want to let him go for free so he will spend another 2 years in europe before moving to boca, seems to me he wants one more big money move in the summer before returning back to argentina

kye1991 said:
i read in the mirror he wants to run his contract down and return to boca however man city doesnt want to let him go for free so he will spend another 2 years in europe before moving to boca, seems to me he wants one more big money move in the summer before returning back to argentina

Maybe he's being realistic in saying he's prepared to stay a little longer to justify City's investment, after which he can leave with their blessing.

Mis-interpreted media quotes again.

He will imo sign an extension, in that time Carlos wil be replaced by another player allowing him to return to Boca and play for his boyhood club.

If he doesn't sign a contract extension eventually, we will probably ship him out somewhere to collect some value on the man. If he leaves though that will leave us with 3 primary strikers with Dzeko, Aguero, and Balotelli.

What we do here is all dependent upon what we do with Balotelli because if we sell him, loan him, etc. it will mean we will need another striker of some sort to help share the duties. Hopefully Mancini can get through to Balotelli about what he wants him to be here at the club but that remains to be seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.