Should Tevez contract be extended

Juan King said:
In answer to the question in the OG post, yes his contract should be extended. Not many better players than him around IMO.
Agreed

-- Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:20 pm --

de niro said:
the difference now is he'll go with our blessing and our thanks, when he came here he hurt the rags in a major way, if anything he wound the clock up that started ticking and tocking. his arrival showed all football the power shift was very much on. yes he's been paid well but he could have been paid well anywhere. he won us the title along with the rest of a very good squad. grateful i am.
Me too - Thanks Carlos<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:21 pm --<br /><br />
buzzer1 said:
The best i have seen in our shirt.
Yes

Probably already posted, but from the MEN for the purposes of clarity. No time to read the 'motherfucking' forum.

Carlos Tevez has NOT ruled out staying at City beyond the end of his contract in 2014. The Blues striker has not been offered a two-year extension, but if City come up with something – more likely to be at the end of the season – he would certainly consider it.

In an interview with an Argentine radio station, Tevez admits he would love to return home to play for his boyhood idols Boca Juniors, but says that would be ‘difficult’ in the next two or three years.

He said: “I’ve got one year left on my contract and they want to renew it for two more – they made an investment. If it was up to me, I’d want to go back, but it’s difficult. They’re not going to extend my contract for nothing. I’m honest, I’ll stay two more years and then I’ll head back.”

There is some ambivalence in the last sentence, but it is thought to mean he will stay for two more years on top of the deal which expires at the end of next season.

And Tevez’s camp confirmed to M.E.N. Sport that although there has been nothing more than informal chats about his future and there is no deal yet on the table, any offer will be seriously considered.

City’s new executives Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain will assess the Blues’ squad through the remainder of the season and begin serious talks about the future of Tevez and others, with Gareth Barry, Joleon Lescott and Maicon all up for renewal in 2014.

But Tevez then says he may head back to Boca after the World Cup in the summer of 2014.

“The president always says that the door is open for me and that I’ll die wearing the Boca shirt,” he said. “I’ve already said I want to retire wearing a Boca shirt, it’s my dream as well as my family’s. After the World Cup, we’ll see. I could finish my contract next year and go to Boca.”

Tevez has repeatedly said he is happy at City after resolving the dispute with manager Roberto Mancini which saw him leave on an unauthorised three-month holiday to Argentina last season.

After apologising to Mancini and his team-mates, Tevez helped City stage their spectacular comeback in the title race, and vowed to stay at City ‘as long as it takes to make the project a success.’

Mancini has described Tevez’s attitude since as ‘perfect’, and the player has shown no disaffection at being left on the bench, or substituted.

Yes Tevez was good for us in that last 10 games of last season.But i will never forgive him for walking out on us in October last season.I think Tevez would have been a proper legend if he hadnt walked out on us.I notice his agent Kia as been quiet lately

baildon blue said:
Yes Tevez was good for us in that last 10 games of last season.But i will never forgive him for walking out on us in October last season.I think Tevez would have been a proper legend if he hadnt walked out on us.I notice his agent Kia as been quiet lately
He's been busy spending the wads he 'earned' when he was advising at QPR. Made a fair few quid as a middleman I believe. Arry' alluded to it in his rant.

Paul11/12 said:
coulsonblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
He carried us almost single handedly and got 30 goals a season 2-3 years ago. He looks a pale shadow of that player, partly because he suited being the lone frontman better, partly because he's never got his full fitness back and partly because he's playing terribly.

I'm starting to think that his first two years with us will turn out to be the highlight of his career.

20. his best ever return, never scored more. Hardly prolific

He was never "prolific" Dave, he's not a great finisher. He makes something out of nothing or puts his foot through the ball. 2/3 years ago he didn't have World class players around him to make the most of him,good players but not World class. His energy raises the game of the whole team IMO, and U can't buy that!

He got 29 in his first season and 23 in his second.

That's prolific.

Didsbury Dave said:
Paul11/12 said:
coulsonblue said:

He was never "prolific" Dave, he's not a great finisher. He makes something out of nothing or puts his foot through the ball. 2/3 years ago he didn't have World class players around him to make the most of him,good players but not World class. His energy raises the game of the whole team IMO, and U can't buy that!

He got 29 in his first season and 23 in his second.

That's prolific.

Correct, it's quite irritating when people get facts wrong. Carlos carried us from 2009 to 2011, I didn't like admitting it at the time but had it not been for him we would have achieved nowhere near the progression we did.

I think its better to let him honor his contract and then leave for Boca, instead of selling him for cheap price.

Paul11/12 said:
coulsonblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
He carried us almost single handedly and got 30 goals a season 2-3 years ago. He looks a pale shadow of that player, partly because he suited being the lone frontman better, partly because he's never got his full fitness back and partly because he's playing terribly.

I'm starting to think that his first two years with us will turn out to be the highlight of his career.

Which Tevez did you guys watched?

In our transition years, Tevez carried the team and was our top scorer throughout. I remembered at one point, we were still trying to prove to critics when the media labelled us as being "over-reliant" on Tevez.

I have fond memories of Tevez, and bad ones too. One included which we have had people here naming Tevez as (at some point) the best striker in Europe, until people like Cavani and Falcao ran along.

Unless your idea of "prolific" being 50 goals per season a la Messi/Ronaldo, then yes, Tevez is prolific.

Although, imo, Tevez can only return to his prolific self when he's played as a lone striker. I don't think he's past it yet, though.

Akira said:
Paul11/12 said:
coulsonblue said:

Which Tevez did you guys watched?

In our transition years, Tevez carried the team and was our top scorer throughout. I remembered at one point, we were still trying to prove to critics when the media labelled us as being "over-reliant" on Tevez.

I have fond memories of Tevez, and bad ones too. One included which we have had people here naming Tevez as (at some point) the best striker in Europe, until people like Cavani and Falcao ran along.

Unless your idea of "prolific" being 50 goals per season a la Messi/Ronaldo, then yes, Tevez is prolific.

Although, imo, Tevez can only return to his prolific self when he's played as a lone striker. I don't think he's past it yet, though.

I agree with you, but would you rather use Aguero as a lone striker or Tevez ?

No way

He's lost a yard and that aint coming back and, infuriatingly, he still regards himself as able to play in the hole - often dropping very deep to little effect.

His through ball to Milner for the 1st at Highbury was exquisite but that was the exception rather than the rule.

We're unlikely to get Suarez in January but I'd leave no stone unturned to sign him in summer as a direct replacement for Tevez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.