Should there be international football at this stage of the season?

Shall we play for our country?

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 172 95.0%

• Total voters
Why not bung qualifiers to after the domestic season?

Back to groups of 4 with no bullshit qualification which means if a big team fucks up they don't get another bite to qualify? Also gives international fans a club like feel to them with 6 matches played over 3 weeks.

That way all clubs could plan accordingly rest periods for international players etc.

It’s just boring. I mean Andorra are truly abysmal. I would say non league standard. The keeper couldn’t even kick the ball properly. The same with Hungary with the commentators banging on about their forward and the number 10. Both strictly average players and that silly plank with the ginger hair running round trying to pretend to be hard just emphasised how crap they are. Using the games where they drew or narrowly lost on the Euros is rubbish.
Although on paper the squad looks healthy England still seem to lack that something that Italy/Germany/Spain/France have or had. Just that know how on how to close games out or adjust if things aren’t working out.

It’s all well and good getting giddy about beating teams like Poland and Hungary but it needs to be done against the big boys and done on a regular basis.

The qualifiers I guess so, but the friendlies? They can disappear.

WC qualifiers, EC qualifiers, "Nations League" BS, there's more than enough without friendlies on top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.