Should this whiny woman I know be allowed to go on holiday?

Re: Should people on benefits be allowed abroad?

LittleStan said:
inchy14 said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:
It's been made clear that your benefits are stopped when you are out of the country and not seeking work.
you reckon?
I spent 6 months in Strangeways in 2007 whilst claiming long term incapacity benefit,i came out to just over £2,600,a 2 week holiday is a drop in the ocean

How is this relevant to the discussion? You were not on holiday or out of the country?
same thing though,how the fuck would anyone know any different if they weren't informed?

inchy14 said:
LittleStan said:
inchy14 said:
you reckon?
I spent 6 months in Strangeways in 2007 whilst claiming long term incapacity benefit,i came out to just over £2,600,a 2 week holiday is a drop in the ocean

How is this relevant to the discussion? You were not on holiday or out of the country?
same thing though,how the fuck would anyone know any different if they weren't informed?

Ah, I see where you are coming from.

Some integrity and honesty is called for. Unfortunately as too many so called 'leaders' in society are shitbags then some people on benefits don't have a problem being cheating scumbags either.

I hope you paid back anything you were not entitled to.

inchy14 said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
No, benefits are supposed to allow people to live at a basic standard, that does not include lazing about on beaches whilst the rest of work to support this!

It's been made clear that your benefits are stopped when you are out of the country and not seeking work.
you reckon?

Why did you go to prison....benefit fraud ?

Find it hard to believe that the courts don't liaise with the DWP.

stony said:
inchy14 said:
you reckon?

I am absolutely not surprised by that at all.

stony said:

I am absolutely not surprised by that at all.

Me neither, the public sector is not well managed and if there are any pockets of competence they seem to be 'integrated'.

Yes Minister was not far wrong.

Depends on the benefits they are recieving is my view. If someone is off work for a valid health issue then depends on where they were going and if it affected them.

On the otherhand, you have people like me on the lowest disability money when i can work, but just in pain. I'd be rather pissed off knowing my problem is not allowing me to have a break in the sun.

Sparkys-Army said:
Depends on the benefits they are recieving is my view. If someone is off work for a valid health issue then depends on where they were going and if it affected them.

On the otherhand, you have people like me on the lowest disability money when i can work, but just in pain. I'd be rather pissed off knowing my problem is not allowing me to have a break in the sun.

another sensible post. Welcome to the debate.

LittleStan said:
glen quagmire said:
I wish i was busier yesterday, i wouldn't have started this shit, but anyhoo for anyone interested, my wife told her pal about this and she has responded with this.

So what? The doctor gives me a note that gets me sickness money, everyone is at it, so why not me? I have three kids, one (my youngest) has attention difficulties. I get housing benefit and council tax benefit, and with other money coming in, i live a good quality of life. You are just jealous because you aren't doing it, don't say you wouldn't as you all fucking would. I look after my kids 24/7 isn't that a job too.? If the social cut my money i'd suppose i'd get something part time or something. As for my holiday, don't i deserve a break too? I don't smoke so save up a little each week towards it.

I have summarised, as i can't be arsed typing it all. She has a really whiny voice in reality and my head is buzzing, just listening to her wretched voice on the phone. BTW, she 'injured' her neck falling down some steps bladdered at the M.E.N arena.

OK Glen, your original question was:

"should people on benefits be allowed out the country?"

Would you have been more accurate to have typed:

"Should this whiny woman I know be allowed to go on holiday?"
If you have read all the posts on the thread you will notice that there are lots of cases where people on sick benefits legitimately go on holiday.

As you have seen, the thread has moved on from just people on the sick to the weekly "Everybody out of work is a lazy slacker who should be castrated"

Stan, you are absolutley correct, the thread is nearing obscurity now, but must and will change the title. It should've been 'wrongly claiming' or just "if it's deemed the minimum you need to SURVIVE on, how can you take trips abroad?"

LittleStan said:
Sparkys-Army said:

another sensible post. Welcome to the debate.

Good to join in, sir. *salutes*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.