Should Tony Blair be given a state funeral?

BWTAC said:
twinkletoes said:
November 5th, a big bonfire and we throw Thatcher and Blair on it.

It could actually be a big boost to the nation like the Olympics effect.

Mugs, T shirts, the lot.

We could get Cameron to fuck a pig as a preamble to the main event.

Cherie Blair?

No I have changed my mind.

He can fuck Osborne because he has fucked us for the last two years.

Lucky Toma said:
Whether you agree with his politics or not he was one of our finest post-war Prime Ministers who guided us to prosperous times and reclaimed our world standing.

Also oversaw a successful war and has continued his fine work since stepping down (and how many PMs graciously step down these days?) with his humanitarian work.

I know the thought might gall some but he is deserving of St Pauls and a public holiday when the sad day arrives in the distant future.

By post-war I assume you mean post the 2nd Iraq war? Even then I'd disagree with you.

tony will go down as the 2nd worst PM of all time , he will lose in a photo finish with harold wilson. mind you, all the thickos loved them both.

SWP's back said:
Osborne hasn't fucked me.

When the financial world collapsed we had companies and consumers looking to deleverage because they were scared.

So Osborne thought that the government should do the same.

So where does the growth come from? Oh yes paper assets funded by QE.

Then the whole house of cards is started again.

twinkletoes said:
SWP's back said:

When the financial world collapsed we had companies and consumers looking to deleverage because they were scared.

I'm sorry but taking economics advice from someone that thinks Eurbonds will fuck the UK is not something I shall do this morning.

SWP's back said:
twinkletoes said:
SWP's back said:

I'm sorry but taking economics advice from someone that thinks Eurbonds will fuck the UK is not something I shall do this morning.

I think it was me that said we were headed for eurobonds about six months ago.

corky1970 said:
SWP's back said:
twinkletoes said:

how about a nice stretch after a hearty breakfast ?
I've taken the day off as I am far excited about the game tonight to work.

My day so far has been getting up, quick fumble with the mrs (I managed to finish before she woke up which was good), walk the dog, now trying to read every article about the game.

Oh, and Blair was a **** that happened to benefit from the economy he inherited from John Bad Boy Major, which he managed with his cohort Brown to fuck up, leaving nothing for this rainy day.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:58 am --<br /><br />
twinkletoes said:
SWP's back said:
twinkletoes said:

Yes, which I agreed with, but you think it will fuck us when in reality it's bloody great news.

SWP's back said:
corky1970 said:
SWP's back said:

how about a nice stretch after a hearty breakfast ?
I've taken the day off as I am far excited about the game tonight to work.

My day so far has been getting up, quick fumble with the mrs (I managed to finish before she woke up which was good), walk the dog, now trying to read every article about the game.

Oh, and Blair was a **** that happened to benefit from the economy he inherited from John Bad Boy Major, which he managed with his cohort Brown to fuck up, leaving nothing for this rainy day.

-- Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:58 am --

twinkletoes said:
SWP's back said:

Yes, which I agreed with, but you think it will fuck us when in reality it's bloody great news.

It will push up our borrowing costs, so while Osborne continues with austerity the two will combine to leave our economy in a state of stagflation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.