Should We Be Magnanimous In Our Treble, CL And PL Chanting This Season?

I think we will be hated even more this season but that's OK, we've dominated football so hard this last decade. I'd be doing the same if I were an opposition fan watching the team that wins everything including the treble!!!

The treble we won last season is very good… very very good. But there’s only one real proper ultimate achievement in English football and that’s the four major trophy quadruple (PL+CL+FACup+EFLCup) that nobody has ever achieved.

Everything else ever won by English clubs is just different iterations of singles, doubles and trebles.

Just like we think of a PL+EFL Cup as a double, the PL+FA Cup as a double, the PL+CL as a double… the PL+CL+EFL Cup is a treble just like our PL+CL+FA Cup is a treble.

Until someone wins the quadruple nobody can say they’ve won the ‘real’, ‘proper’ or ‘ultimate’ anything really.
I think I probably agree with this view. Someone will always pick a hole in a double/treble claim, even a quadruple if it includes the Community Shield. But there will be no argument if we plant 4 in a row league titles on the table. Unambiguous unique achievement in English football.
Can't wait.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.