should we keep the south stand as it was yesterday?

1.618034 said:
M35 Blue said:
yes.

Remember playing Millwall at Maine Road with no away fans and the atmosphere was fine.

It makes fans turn their attention from divs in the away end, to actually supporting the team!

The Kippax never really had away fans in it but you never hear people saying that was shite for atmosphere do you!

What?

Yes it did. And the most vocal part was next to them.

Never really - by that I mean alot of teams just had the Platt Lane end as that was more than adequate. I know that teams with big away support had both.

Yes

You see how good it is when it's a better game and there is a good following in the level 3.

nashark said:
If it was to remain as it was yesterday, there'd be a much better atmosphere in games where the away team actually brought some fans instead of these trial relocations.

There might be longer quieter periods in the game, but it is a great moment when the crowd are in full voice and the floor vibrates. Hearing that must encourage the players more than a few crazy cats chanting about a 'faggot in the pink'.

As it stands now, when there's something in the air and the crowd are up for it, the SS and ES inevitably end up drowning each other out meaning the rest of the stadium can't join in.
Can't agree with one word of this apart from keeping away fans nearby.

Can't make a decision based on one game when there were only 19 away fans...

What would happen when there's a few thousand?

Also to make the One End thing more effective the people who are in the "Kippax Corner" need to be persuaded to go round behind the goal because last night we still had them in duet with the SS which kinda missed the point really, so it diluted what the SS would/could be capable of if all the "singers" (standers) were together... I suppose if the away fans were always up in the East L3 then they'd move round so they could actually see them, a bit.

Anyway my answer to the OP is...

Don't know. More data required.

AlthamBlue said:
Fuck off. Definitely not up for it if the same bellend is stood next to me as at Villareal. When we were celebrating Aguero's winner, the numpty smashed into me with such force I spun at least 270 degrees and ended up in the row in front. ;-)

No. L1 is noisy and the banter with away fans is top notch there, they're surrounded by noisy fans so when they give it a shout they get shouted at and muted from left and right! Having them there just makes me want to shout more, and in the end the rest of the place pipes up! brilliant atmosphere. Cant see that happening on the upper levels, just give them more voice as I can't see a similar retaliation!

M35 Blue said:
The Kippax never really had away fans in it but you never hear people saying that was shite for atmosphere do you!

Is my memory failing me....

Looking at the original Kippax from the Main Stand the right hand portion was segregated for away fans which sometimes included the corner area for those bringing decent support.
The largest singing area was the other side of the segregation fence. Enjoyed many a great afternoon and evening there in my teens.

Please tell me my memory is not failing...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.