should we keep the south stand as it was yesterday?

Skashion said:
AlthamBlue said:
Fuck off. Definitely not up for it if the same bellend is stood next to me as at Villareal. When we were celebrating Aguero's winner, the numpty smashed into me with such force I spun at least 270 degrees and ended up in the row in front. ;-)

I had to grab hold of some pillock as he fell into the row in front. Did my back in the fuckin idiot.

obvious yes - has anyone said differently - I would be surprised (but you never know around here)

M35 Blue said:
1.618034 said:
M35 Blue said:
yes.

Remember playing Millwall at Maine Road with no away fans and the atmosphere was fine.

It makes fans turn their attention from divs in the away end, to actually supporting the team!

The Kippax never really had away fans in it but you never hear people saying that was shite for atmosphere do you!

What?

Yes it did. And the most vocal part was next to them.

Never really - by that I mean alot of teams just had the Platt Lane end as that was more than adequate. I know that teams with big away support had both.

Away fans in Platt Lane? Not often, not in my memory anyway. The away fans were always in the Platt Lane side of the Kippax in my day and used part of Platt Lane if there were a lot of them... E.G. 23rd Sept 1989... I'm obviously older than you. Or my memory's playing tricks. Quite possible tbf.

The thing is that the culture in this country is that the more vocal home fans always tend to flank the away fans... It creates banter and therefore atmosphere. I think without that element it will be quieter.

I think the best solution would be to put the away fans in the 110/111 corner and encourage those who currently stand there to go into the SS next to them.

But, I'm not sure we'd even be having this conversation if the TV cameras were in the East Stand instead of the CB...

DavidM said:
M35 Blue said:
The Kippax never really had away fans in it but you never hear people saying that was shite for atmosphere do you!

Is my memory failing me....

Looking at the original Kippax from the Main Stand the right hand portion was segregated for away fans which sometimes included the corner area for those bringing decent support.
The largest singing area was the other side of the segregation fence. Enjoyed many a great afternoon and evening there in my teens.

Please tell me my memory is not failing...
Its not your long term memories pretty good not like a few others on here, oh and my verdicts No put the away fans in top tier above south stand not third tier of the east stand you can't have banter with away fans if you can't see em.

If it could be done YES! (which it can't)

The ideal scenario would be to swap the away blocks with blocks 111, 110 and 109, so you would have both singing sections together and the away fans next to the South Stand still.

Here's a thought. Imagine the noise and colour(banners) from 6 blocks and 3000 City fans in the lower tier of the SS on Derby day, and against the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, etc.

AlthamBlue said:
Skashion said:
AlthamBlue said:
Fuck off. Definitely not up for it if the same bellend is stood next to me as at Villareal. When we were celebrating Aguero's winner, the numpty smashed into me with such force I spun at least 270 degrees and ended up in the row in front. ;-)

I had to grab hold of some pillock as he fell into the row in front. Did my back in the fuckin idiot.
Seems like we both had a mutually bad experience with pillocks last night.

jrb said:

The ideal scenario would be to swap the away blocks with blocks 111, 110 and 109, so you would have both singing sections together and the away fans next to the South Stand still.

Here's a thought. Imagine the noise and colour(banners) from 6 blocks and 3000 City fans in the lower tier of the SS on Derby day, and against the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, etc.

it can be done. and will be done again if feedback is positive which so far it seems to be

jrb said:

Why can't it be done?

It was done last night.

I thought at Maine road the away fans were in the north stand, on the right hand side? Very similar to how the away fans are these days? True this is based on post 1992.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.