should we sing for hughesy next week

Carlos won't be thinking about Hughes on Sunday, and neither should we;
Carlos Tevez says he respects former boss Mark Hughes, but once City arrive at Craven Cottage on Sunday, friendship will be the last thing on his mind.

The committed City striker, who admits to having an injury when substituted against Birmingham last weekend, is only thinking of three points against Fulham.

“It will be nice to see Mark Hughes again and all the coaching staff,” said the Blues’ skipper. “I respect and like Mark, but as soon as the game kicks off I will only be thinking of helping my team win.

I’ve nothing personal against anybody at Fulham but the only thing I want is for City to win – nothing else. I won’t be thinking of Mark or anyone else once the game begins – and besides, he won’t even be on the pitch!

...Carlos Tevez

Tevez saved one of his best displays for the Blues in last season’s impressive 2-1 win away to the Cottagers and he admits he is looking forward to returning to what he has always considered a lucky ground.

“Things have always gone well for me on a personal level at Craven Cottage so I always feel confident when I play there,” he said.

“It’s a traditional English ground with a great atmosphere and I know we’ll have a lot of our supporters there so we need to go to Fulham thinking only of winning.

“I feel we are close to finding our form and I believe when we play at our best and find some consistency, we’ll win five or six in a row and really challenge the teams above us.

“We have to have patience because it will take time. We were as disappointed as anybody with the result against Birmingham but a win on Sunday will make everybody smile again and we’ll be doing our best to make sure that happens.”

RandomJ said:
kennycar said:
Hughes did wonders considering the state we were in?

He took a good team that finished 9th and with a blank cheque book got them to....

10th!

^ This all day long.

I can see why people would miss the attacking side of our game we played with Hughes but I also remember that drying up and getting dull draws. I also remember shipping goals at the other end for fun too. People seem to have selective memories with Hughes but the fact is he really didn't advance us as a club in any way and spent a shit load on shit players which we're stuck with now.

+2

And I also remember 11 guys in blue running around looking like they were playing for 11 different teams all at the same time. We worked hard but had no system whatsoevere and looked completely clueless. We may be boring under Mancini but at least he has a plan. You might nit like the plan, but at least there is one.

Have I stumbled onto a rag forum by mistake or something?

I supported hughes while he was our manager (for a short while). I did that because he was our manager and because it's a loyal fans responsibility to show support. I was pleased with what he achieved but I recognised that while he was good at getting the best out of middle-rate players he simply didn't have the experience and expertise to take us to the top level.
Added to that; he's a rag at heart and always will be - his ultimate aim is to rule over the swamp in the post-fungus future.

You want to have hughes as a manager? Then go support fulham and leave us in peace. . or go support the rags and wait for hughes to graduate to join you at the swamp if his red-ribboned dreams come true!

Me. . well I'm blue and I'm true and I'm supporting the City revolution knowing full well that bringing in masses of new talent is always adverse to best results in the first instance and that it requires patience to see it through to end benefit. Patience is an adult virtue and I'm even patient about seeing childish panic ridden posts such as this line of wobbly weak kneed nonesense.

Suffice it to say that hughes is the manager of fulham and if you want him as your manager then the choice is obvious - I believe that they have their own forum that you can sign on to. Why not do that and shown your support where it'll be appreciated?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.