Show of support before Aston Villa | Club update (Pg 13) - Pep wants this to happen

I’m not one to pick up on words.

I appreciate the MUEN is running with the story.

But the word PLEA in the headline is misleading.

‘a request made in an urgent and emotional request’

The request by Pep is neither urgent or emotional. All he is doing is asking the fans to get behind the team on Sunday, before, during, and hopefully after the match.
If one more fucker tells me to 'get behind the team' or 'show your support' on Sunday i'll fucking scream.
There's no need for any 'pleas' to be issued (as if we have no supporters) or calls to arms on pissing twitter, or even here.

Wouldn’t it be better to treat the occasion as a routine home match? Same build up as usual?

This for me, I'm a superstitious fucker and can't be changing my pre-match routine. Last time I 'mixed it up' was the Spurs game and look how that went.

If one more fucker tells me to 'get behind the team' or 'show your support' on Sunday i'll fucking scream.
There's no need for any 'pleas' to be issued (as if we have no supporters) or calls to arms on pissing twitter, or even here.

Some of our fans need a slight prompt every now and again regardless of the match. ;-)

Based on previous experiences it would help if (1) the bus actually slowed down as it went past the fans (2) they got a bus without blacked out windows so we could actually see the players. I’ll be there, again, but effectively all I will see is a bus with blacked out windows going past me at 30 mph
We’re doing the bus welcome between city at home and the main reception where the players get off (not near gray mere lane). So the bus will be a lot slower.

I’m surprised Pep has made a big deal of this. Wouldn’t it be better to treat the occasion as a routine home match? Same build up as usual?

The downside of getting everyone one hyped up is that if we don’t score early on the drop off in atmosphere will be that much greater.

The main requirement from the fans surely is patience?
I’m quite sure Pep knows best on this one.

He wants a huge effort from the fans - so that’s what we should give him.

Get behind the team!!! :’)

I feel that many of the older city supporters have a mentality of “I’ve supported through thick and very thin, so no one can tell me what I can/can’t do” which I respect. It’s true. But it’s not constructive to a good atmosphere at the Etihad.

We’ve ended up with, at a push, 10% of the stadium who make any effort to SUPPORT city rather than spectate them.

The facts about Sunday are that Pep WANTS a huge show of support to set the tone for the players. He’s asking ticketless fans to ‘get to the streets’ etc. There are countless examples of players saying the fans helped/hindered their performance. So given all that, I think we owe it to him to rise to the occasion. If we can’t get up for Sunday and break out of our usual match day routines, then are you a City fan(atic) or a City spectator?

Yes, the atmosphere inside the stadium will be great regardless, but it’s about going the extra mile in a huge game.

I don’t see any issue in calling out City fans on this. We are some of the luckiest fans in football. Make the effort. Get there early and hype up the lads. It could be the difference between winning the league or (god forbid) losing it to them lot. We post the information everywhere so most of our fans are aware it’s happening. If we don’t push it, no-one knows and no-one goes!

This isn’t a personal post aimed at you. Your post just echoes a few things I’ve noticed about our fan base and I felt like a rant :’)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.