Show of support before Aston Villa | Club update (Pg 13) - Pep wants this to happen

Get behind the team!!! :’)

I feel that many of the older city supporters have a mentality of “I’ve supported through thick and very thin, so no one can tell me what I can/can’t do” which I respect. It’s true. But it’s not constructive to a good atmosphere at the Etihad.

We’ve ended up with, at a push, 10% of the stadium who make any effort to SUPPORT city rather than spectate them.

The facts about Sunday are that Pep WANTS a huge show of support to set the tone for the players. He’s asking ticketless fans to ‘get to the streets’ etc. There are countless examples of players saying the fans helped/hindered their performance. So given all that, I think we owe it to him to rise to the occasion. If we can’t get up for Sunday and break out of our usual match day routines, then are you a City fan(atic) or a City spectator?

Yes, the atmosphere inside the stadium will be great regardless, but it’s about going the extra mile in a huge game.

I don’t see any issue in calling out City fans on this. We are some of the luckiest fans in football. Make the effort. Get there early and hype up the lads. It could be the difference between winning the league or (god forbid) losing it to them lot. We post the information everywhere so most of our fans are aware it’s happening. If we don’t push it, no-one knows and no-one goes!

This isn’t a personal post aimed at you. Your post just echoes a few things I’ve noticed about our fan base and I felt like a rant :’)
ARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH................

Anyone needing to be told to 'rise to the occassion' for this game is probably dead anyway. Same goes for the players.

I'm nearly 60 and i will be making a racket in town from about 12.30 before getting to the ground

If one more fucker tells me to 'get behind the team' or 'show your support' on Sunday i'll fucking scream.
There's no need for any 'pleas' to be issued (as if we have no supporters) or calls to arms on pissing twitter, or even here.

Wont be long before we have ultras and the legacy fans fighting in the stands.

When you reach a certain age you can be excited without even showing outward signs of life :) Young 'uns expecting Crecy levels of commitment must have been dropped on their heads a lot as babies.

The atmosphere at the Etihad is crap we do need to be told to get behind the team as I think certain parts of our fanbase just turn up waiting to be entertained if pep is telling us to do it he and the players want it come on blues make some noise I'm going on Sunday without a ticket hoping to get one but I will be right behind them and I'm 53 years old I will be outside the main reception roaring them in

The atmosphere at the Etihad is crap we do need to be told to get behind the team as I think certain parts of our fanbase just turn up waiting to be entertained if pep is telling us to do it he and the players want it come on blues make some noise I'm going on Sunday without a ticket hoping to get one but I will be right behind them and I'm 53 years old I will be outside the main reception roaring them in
Like most grounds, the atmosphere is crap for low profile games and great for high profile ones. It doesn't get any higher profile than Sunday so the atmosphere in the stadium will look after itself.

It feels like unless you are prepared to turn up 2 hrs before kick off waving a flare like a dipper you are somehow not contributing to the atmosphere or a proper fan.

Wonder how many flare wavers will be pissed/coked up come kickoff having wasted all of their energy watching a coach speed past or Instagraming concourse chanting.

The atmosphere will be just fine on Sunday. It'll be a little nervous if we fall behind, but it will be fine.

Maybe I'm of a certain age, but when I see flags and flares behind a goal.......I see Dipperpool.

It feels like unless you are prepared to turn up 2 hrs before kick off waving a flare like a dipper you are somehow not contributing to the atmosphere or a proper fan.

Wonder how many flare wavers will be pissed/coked up come kickoff having wasted all of their energy watching a coach speed past or Instagraming concourse chanting.

The atmosphere will be just fine on Sunday. It'll be a little nervous if we fall behind, but it will be fine.

Maybe I'm of a certain age, but when I see flags and flares behind a goal.......I see Dipperpool.

I see Ultas all over Europe.

Frankfurts support was superb last night. Singing all the way through the match. Some of the chants were sh*te, tbh. Rangers support was pretty quiet. It only got going at the start of the match and after the goal. They were totally out sung by the Frankfurt fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.