Shrek. Will he or won't he play?

Scabby said:
He will make a miracle swift comeback and score against us no doubt...:(

Own goal?<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:09 pm --<br /><br />
aaron91 said:
cleavers said:
Then go, please.

If you are serious, then look at money spent by all those clubs you mention (with the exception of Arsenal) you'll find that all we have done is play "catch up", admittedly quickly, but why shouldn't we be allowed to spend the same as the rest to get there.

They have ALL had £50m per season extra from being in the elite that they organised for themselves (another exception being Chelsea who (like City) weren't able to be there to create their own cartel).

I think you'll fins that Sheik Mansour is in it for the long term, and will build slowly now from these foundations.

Your posts suggest you actually have little understanding of what Mansour is doing with City, and comparing him with Abramovic is well wide of the mark.

Each to their own I guess, blue or not.

Both want to make their teams world beaters and dominate football? What's the big difference. No mate, and to whoever it was above, I'm not talking about handpicking 13 year olds from foreign countries. But players like Nasri, who Wengers team scouted, at age 20, who is a quality player. That is just one example.

Furthermore, your all missing the point, yes the other teams spent big, but they wanted to mix their own talent with a few other quality players, like what baconface did with his golden boys, then he bought the likes of vidic, ferdinand albeit they were expensive. But look at the players City are linked with, Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard, Cesc Fabregas, Ibrahimovich. Trying to buy a team of world beaters overnight is not how you respectively run a football club, it is disrespectful to try and obtain every clubs star players. Remember when Perez did it a decade ago with Zidane, Figo, ronaldo, Beckham, Carlos etc.? Everyone resented them and hated them, it didn't go to plan either. Now look at us mirroring them a decade later. So don't tell me we aren't going too far, and that the likes of Abramovich, Mansour and Perez aren't ruining football. People on here are arrogant and stupid, and blind as to what the effects of this 'project' will be in the long term. The way teams like Chelsea, Real Madrid and now Man City are going, if more clubs follow suit, football will be destroyed in 10 years time. So try and limit some of the arrogant, and downright ridiculous shit that now plagues these threads every day. I'm more than within my rights to slate what is going on.

Fuck off raggy rag rag.

Go drown yourself in the Wash.

aaron91 said:
cleavers said:
Then go, please.

If you are serious, then look at money spent by all those clubs you mention (with the exception of Arsenal) you'll find that all we have done is play "catch up", admittedly quickly, but why shouldn't we be allowed to spend the same as the rest to get there.

They have ALL had £50m per season extra from being in the elite that they organised for themselves (another exception being Chelsea who (like City) weren't able to be there to create their own cartel).

I think you'll fins that Sheik Mansour is in it for the long term, and will build slowly now from these foundations.

Your posts suggest you actually have little understanding of what Mansour is doing with City, and comparing him with Abramovic is well wide of the mark.

Each to their own I guess, blue or not.

Both want to make their teams world beaters and dominate football? What's the big difference. No mate, and to whoever it was above, I'm not talking about handpicking 13 year olds from foreign countries. But players like Nasri, who Wengers team scouted, at age 20, who is a quality player. That is just one example.

Furthermore, your all missing the point, yes the other teams spent big, but they wanted to mix their own talent with a few other quality players, like what baconface did with his golden boys, then he bought the likes of vidic, ferdinand albeit they were expensive. But look at the players City are linked with, Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard, Cesc Fabregas, Ibrahimovich. Trying to buy a team of world beaters overnight is not how you respectively run a football club, it is disrespectful to try and obtain every clubs star players. Remember when Perez did it a decade ago with Zidane, Figo, ronaldo, Beckham, Carlos etc.? Everyone resented them and hated them, it didn't go to plan either. Now look at us mirroring them a decade later. So don't tell me we aren't going too far, and that the likes of Abramovich, Mansour and Perez aren't ruining football. People on here are arrogant and stupid, and blind as to what the effects of this 'project' will be in the long term. The way teams like Chelsea, Real Madrid and now Man City are going, if more clubs follow suit, football will be destroyed in 10 years time. So try and limit some of the arrogant, and downright ridiculous shit that now plagues these threads every day. I'm more than within my rights to slate what is going on.

You said it yourself, linked with.

As in, papers chatting shite.

Meanwhile the players we actually sign are up and coming young players like Adam Johnson and Boateng.

sam221985 said:
aaron91 said:

Meanwhile the players we actually sign are up and coming young players like Adam Johnson and Boateng.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good rant, He's on a roll and I want to see him make a fool himself a little more.

Baconface will play him - for sure! And Ferdinand. He really could not
stomach the season totally unravelling at our place, on our turf and it all
being done in front of us - no way! Thats why they will both play injured or not and I agree, he doesn't careless about England (or Rooney's international career for that matter - it's all about HIM!).

If he does play ... then without a shadow of a doubt our defenders should take turns to crunch him very early on - one after another. if one or 2 get booked the so what? The sight of Shrek limping off after 15 minutes will destroy them and their fans (and possibly help in turning the media against Ferguson). They and virtually all other top teams would do the same given the same circumstances.

I have to admit though I am just a tad worried about Saturday... They really are due a win and Berbatov is massively overdue a goal (just like Owen at the sty). If Arsenal do us a favour and win tonight we can then more than afford a draw on Saturday. I know, I know! But after 40 years of watching City it's mighty hard to change the mindset! However, I do believe if we get an early goal we will murder them! But beware of the newspapers and the media come Sunday morning...

My prediction is he will play, and he won't fibnish the game either limp off after be rushed back too soon & out of the world cup.

but i wouldnt mind a sneaking fiver on him getting sent off, bennett is card happy and I feel he will get fustrated at not being fully fit and recieving some of the systematic swp fouls.

hello said:
My prediction is he will play, and he won't fibnish the game either limp off after be rushed back too soon & out of the world cup.

And the FA will blame us and ban us from playing next season

sam221985 said:
aaron91 said:

Right, but when Mansour says he plans to dominate world football, and mancini says he would be interested in signing torres, gerrard and mascherano himself, that is just papers chatting shite? Or Roberto chatting shite? Adam Johnson is quality and Boateng will hopefully be as well, but the likes of Adebayor? Toure? Just looking to cut a nice paycheck? RSC? Robinho? All poor and overpriced and paid by US. That is proof, anyways lets just stop pissing about, Shrek's playing but hes not 100% lets just look forward to Saturday, see you all at the COMS, if you're real fans.

aaron91 said:
sam221985 said:

Right, but when Mansour says he plans to dominate world football, and mancini says he would be interested in signing torres, gerrard and mascherano himself, that is just papers chatting shite? Or Roberto chatting shite? Adam Johnson is quality and Boateng will hopefully be as well, but the likes of Adebayor? Toure? Just looking to cut a nice paycheck? RSC? Robinho? All poor and overpriced and paid by US. That is proof, anyways lets just stop pissing about, Shrek's playing but hes not 100% lets just look forward to Saturday, see you all at the COMS, if you're real fans.

When did Mansour says he plans to dominate world football? Also if he did say this it still doesn't mean anything with regards to the comment about Torres, Gerrard etc which you made. As far as i'm aware Mancini has never came out and said he wants to sign Torres, Gerrard and Mascherano but lets have it right here most managers in the world would like to sign those 3 so whats the problem?

Adebayor, Toure, Robinho, RSC. No different to the likes of Berbatov, Veron, Ferdinand really is there? I'm not sure what you're trying to get at personally but you don't seem to be making much sense. How many home grown kids did United have starting in the game against Bayern last week? Two?

Surely if your a bertie as you claim then these thoughts of Mansour ruining football have been festering at your insides since Septemebr 1st 2008, so why is it that you managed to control your over riding emotion to share your foresight with fellow fans for so long?
...and after contoling yourself for so long what brought you to this point of signing up to a bertie forum a week before the derby to warn us of our impending collective doom?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.