Sighing in the East Stand!

Didsbury Dave said:
masterwig said:
I started watching City in the mid 90s when we were on our way down the leagues. There was some shocking abuse of players, managers and the team. To make out that not cheering the team on 100% of the time is somehow new is rubbish.

I agree.

I remember an absolute chorus of sighs from the Main Stand once when Neil McNab passed back to the keeper from a promising position.

In fact if you look closely at the famous "City" documentary from 1981 you can actually see Malcolm Alison himself sigh in the dugout when Liverpool go 2 up.

We've always been sighers at City. Money won't stop that.

But if we had 'class & history' maybe that would help?

mcfc ruining sighing since 2008

Okay I hold my hands up... it was me.

Asthma can be a real problem when you're trying to get to sleep....

1_barry_conlon said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I agree.

I remember an absolute chorus of sighs from the Main Stand once when Neil McNab passed back to the keeper from a promising position.

In fact if you look closely at the famous "City" documentary from 1981 you can actually see Malcolm Alison himself sigh in the dugout when Liverpool go 2 up.

We've always been sighers at City. Money won't stop that.

But if we had 'class & history' maybe that would help?

mcfc ruining sighing since 2008

Peter Fletcher will have that banner down in a heartbeat.

Maybe Barry's hit on a serious issue here.

We've got a singing section.

Why can't we have a sighing section?

What about a farting section? My guts were rotten after after a thai meal on Saturday then 5 pints before the game

Didsbury Dave said:
Maybe Barry's hit on a serious issue here.

We've got a singing section.

Why can't we have a sighing section?

We have, but the problem is that it seems to be spreading from the old main stand, (now Colin Bell stand) to the East Stand (previously the Kippax), and we all know that sighing would never have been tolerated in the Kippax.

In 106 there was a severe case of the hiccups that lasted from about 10 minutes before half time until midway through the second half when a steward asked if he could help and the shock of this brought about a cure. Someone four or five rows behind me was humming the Dambusters theme for at least 10 minutes and, most annoyingly, a woman had brought her Rosetta Stone with her and was trying to learn Swedish kitchen terms for most of the second half. On a more promising note the two guys next to me amd the lad across the aisle have set up a Philosophy discussion group for the Lech Poznan match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.