Sign Landon Donavon !

johnwaynebobbet said:
We would IMHO only sign him to increase our exposure in the USA.

I don't think that would be the only reason but it would definitely be a contributing factor. Donovan is a good player, and would be a useful squad player, nothing more.

Mancini mentioned him at an important press conference in America, even if we don't sign him the headlines and media exposure generated by one comment will have significantly lifted City's profile in the states.

If we were to sign Donovan I think it would be similar to united with Park, decent player, nothing special, but a goldmine in potential sponsorships and spin offs. If the player is happy to be a part of the squad then it might work.

The problem may be that Donovan would probably expect to be in the first team and with the players we have, I can't see that happening.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
johnwaynebobbet said:
We would IMHO only sign him to increase our exposure in the USA.

I don't think that would be the only reason but it would definitely be a contributing factor. Donovan is a good player, and would be a useful squad player, nothing more.

Mancini mentioned him at an important press conference in America, even if we don't sign him the headlines and media exposure generated by one comment will have significantly lifted City's profile in the states.

If we were to sign Donovan I think it would be similar to united with Park, decent player, nothing special, but a goldmine in potential sponsorships and spin offs. If the player is happy to be a part of the squad then it might work.

The problem may be that Donovan would probably expect to be in the first team and with the players we have, I can't see that happening.

Could be our Ji Sun Park (sp?) , t-shirt driven buy, but good enough when needed on the pitch..

Quality quality player! From what i've heard off here and elsewhere, i'd say he's very underated. He always seems to deliver, and have the end product. Was good at Everton. Hard worker with a bit of class.

Although it's not a stellar name in what people may want, he's a workhorse and has class. He was Everton's best player in the last half of the season and was superb at the world cup. Still only 28, in his prime, he could be our Darren Fletcher or Park Ji Sung. Would be happy if we got him. Better than both SWP and Milner. He can run with ball, tackle, shoot with both feet and he's also like a Cahill/Arteta player. Will get you an important goal arriving into the box at the right position and has very good vision. A very reliable footballer, one of which i'd take a gamble on.

Donovan wouldn't be a good fit because there is too much competition for a 1st team place (i.e., his time with both Bayern and Bayer) and he wouldn't be able to handle the pressure of playing for club with such high expectations as City. His time with Everton was successful partially because there wasn't much expectation of him and 1st team competition wasn't difficult. There was a time when signing an American at City would have excited me (I was so excited when Beasley played for City!), especially one of the caliber of Donovan (relative). Not anymore, Donovan would be a no go for me.

since everyone always post videos of players we are linked with, here is some of donovan.
his debut for everton against arsenal
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLQexj_El-A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLQexj_El-A</a>

and a compilation
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXiHiKBllrw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXiHiKBllrw</a>

Hollywood Blue said:
Better than Milner in my opinion and would be a lot cheaper, not sure if he'd want to be a squad player though.

roflroflroflorflorlforlforlfol

Hollywood Blue said:
Better than Milner in my opinion and would be a lot cheaper, not sure if he'd want to be a squad player though.

sorry matey this deserves

roflcopter.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.