Sign Landon Donavon !

I've seen quite a few of his games with the LA Galaxy and US National Team, and my opinion on him is he is overrated(in the USA at least). I don't see him cracking the starting 11 except for injury, he might make for a decent sub though. Bellamy, A. Johnson, Silva, and Wright-Phillips are all better options on the wings. I will say though he has a nose for goals, he gets some of the luckiest bounces pretty consistently. For instance tonight he tied a game in the 90th minute after a shot the keeper dropped another player had a whack and it fell at Donavan's foot with a wide open net.

Hollywood Blue said:
Better than Milner in my opinion and would be a lot cheaper, not sure if he'd want to be a squad player though.

Better Still.

Donavon is better than any member of the England Squad.

How can you argue against his record!

A Top WC footballer at the 2010 WC tourney.

He is EPL proven. Voted Top Player at Everton during his short stint there.
Bootstrapped an Everton team to an excellent undefeated EPL spree that was struggling before his arrival.

C'mon mates get off your horse blinkers!

KYCTID said:
I've seen quite a few of his games with the LA Galaxy and US National Team, and my opinion on him is he is overrated(in the USA at least). I don't see him cracking the starting 11 except for injury, he might make for a decent sub though. Bellamy, A. Johnson, Silva, and Wright-Phillips are all better options on the wings. I will say though he has a nose for goals, he gets some of the luckiest bounces pretty consistently. For instance tonight he tied a game in the 90th minute after a shot the keeper dropped another player had a whack and it fell at Donavan's foot with a wide open net.

He would certainly have to fight for his spot. Adam Johnson is a shoe in but to be honest, I haven't seen enough of David Silva to be able to comment, but I know he is highly regarded. Donovan however is equally as good as both Bellamy and SWP IMO. Part of being a prolific goal scorer is being in the right place at the right time(see Raul and David Villa.) To say that he gets lucky would be different if he scored a goal here and there, but he always finds a way and in big moments.

Rumours have been circulating various Everton forums that we've had a bid accepted, not holding my breath though..

KYCTID said:

And we fracking need that kind of people too!!!
I still can not fully understand how is possible, when I remember last season's two losses in the last seconds to retards when the cripple and the wookie scored!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.