Signing De Rossi if contract talks go well {update page 1}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Marquee Signing before Southampton

alib said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
Been told that we should be making a signing worth over twenty million pounds before the Southampton game!

Not much given up, only that he hasn't been reported much at all so far this summer!

I know as much as you now, so there is no point asking any more!

This is from somebody high up at United, so how he knows I don't know, but he told me about Kagawa a week prior.

Phil Jones?

he can't play centre half , right back and midfield

Fixed that for you.

happy said:
alib said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
Been told that we should be making a signing worth over twenty million pounds before the Southampton game!

Not much given up, only that he hasn't been reported much at all so far this summer!

I know as much as you now, so there is no point asking any more!

This is from somebody high up at United, so how he knows I don't know, but he told me about Kagawa a week prior.

Phil Jones?

he can't play centre half , right back and midfield

Fixed that for you.

Not as good as De Gay though - he can't play goalie either :-)

eastlands oasis said:
If Mancini plans on playing today's formation more often then we need another CB to play alongside Vinny and Lescott in the back 3. Quite clear Kolo has no future, Savic not ready and playing Zabaleta and Clichy there would not be his ideal choice. The only other candidate realistically in the squad is Richards, who could slit in there but you lose his attacking use then. I would like to see us add a winger as well to give us a more dynamic option out wide when we play last seasons formation, or for counter attacking away in CL.

I think the 3rd CB role (left or right) is Zabba's best position.
He will never make a top class wing/full back because, despite his improvement over last 12 months, his distribution is not good enough, never has been.
Playing where he did yesterday suits his best attribute......good defending.

Was also very impressed with Clichy in that role yesterday too, although have to agree with you that this wouldn't be Mancinis ideal choice for him but at least we know he can do it if required.

Barcelona often play Mascherano in one of those 3 CB positions. I think Mancini would look to do the same, with a smaller, more nimble player as one of the 3. In the modern game you don't need 3 brutes there. It also means Zab or Clichy are more than comfortable if they are pulled out wide - soemthing that is alien to the likes of traditional CB's like Terry. And the two outside CB's split real wide anyway and spend a lot of the game in a FB position.

I think playing Clichy there yesterday instead of Kolo was very telling.

The team tightened up so much when Clichy came on yesterday. I think we could have beaten them with 10 in the 2nd half. He really did make a huge difference.

Slightly off topic, Milner was outstanding for a pre-season game.

Manx Blue said:

I'd love us to sign this fella.

He got loads of stick on here after our Europa games but bar his theatrics I reckon he would rip the Prem up and be perfect for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.