Silva back in training (page 40)

Re: so how long is silva out?

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Blue Mooner said:
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Pellers gets criticised for rotating too much, then when he doesn't rotate he gets criticised for an injury. Face it, silva could have just as easily got injured against west ham.

Most of you are never happier then when your having a good moan. I actually believe it makes some of you happier.

FFS get a grip.

Hit the nail right on the head. Many love oozing moral righteousness that City are the one team in the PL that spends a fortune on moral degenerates who "can't be arsed", "don't have any passion", "won't put in a shift" and "don't play for the shirt". And the manager!!! Another moral degenerate who dos a double one season so that he can be his stubborn incompetent self the season after. Doesn't he know that you can't afford to get your best player injured, so that the only sensible course is, of course, NEVER to play him. Well, funnily enough, we beat the rags 4-1 at the Etihad last season - and one player who wasn't fit to play was David Silva! There isn't a team in the world that wouldn't be weakened by having to leave him out, but if we play like we did on Wednesday even David couldn't save us from humiliation. We saw a team woefully out of form, and what we have to hope is that Vinnie, Zaba and Joe Hart, among others, can inspire the team to its normal form - which should be good enough! That team is not lazy, does not lack motivation, but it was way off form.

Thank fuck there are a few sane people post on bluemoon

i8rags said:
de niro said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
We weren't playing the frickin' rags 4 days later, last season. The decision to play Silva this time was a totally unnecessary risk. Sorry, but it was real bone-headed management

Correct.

Said earlier playing Silva was sheer madness.

The charming man has turned in to a desperate man.
If this was the FA cup, I would of played silva, rags coming up or not, this fixture was way to big a gamble and Aguero coming on late was an even worse decision, based on silvas injury earlier.

That's your view and you see the FA Cup as more important than the league cup. Many don't. The manager sees every competition as one we should be trying to win. Did you see our performance in Moscow? Did you see it at West Ham? Is everything going well for us on the pitch at the moment? No. What's the best way to overcome that? It's to play some core players to get them ticking. Pellegrini will not have been happy at the Moscow second half and to follow it up with what happened against West Ham was not the reaction he wanted. Rather than go into the derby having rested players and then throw the same team that lost to West Ham and drew in Moscow out against the rags... not ideal. You need to use actual games to ensure messages are conveyed from manager to players and that systems work. That was Pellegrini's intention, to address our poor form and Silva and Yaya are key to getting the squad to perform. The result was awful and that plus a Silva injury makes it all a complete waste of time to many. But the idea wasn't flawed, it was the right thing to do. We can't keep making loads of changes whilst we are playing so poorly. We need to keep a level of consistency so that the team gels. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Had Silva been involved in goals and had we beat Newcastle by a decent scoreline we would be going into the derby buzzing.

grim up north said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Blue Mooner said:
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Pellers gets criticised for rotating too much, then when he doesn't rotate he gets criticised for an injury. Face it, silva could have just as easily got injured against west ham.

Most of you are never happier then when your having a good moan. I actually believe it makes some of you happier.

FFS get a grip.

Hit the nail right on the head. Many love oozing moral righteousness that City are the one team in the PL that spends a fortune on moral degenerates who "can't be arsed", "don't have any passion", "won't put in a shift" and "don't play for the shirt". And the manager!!! Another moral degenerate who dos a double one season so that he can be his stubborn incompetent self the season after. Doesn't he know that you can't afford to get your best player injured, so that the only sensible course is, of course, NEVER to play him. Well, funnily enough, we beat the rags 4-1 at the Etihad last season - and one player who wasn't fit to play was David Silva! There isn't a team in the world that wouldn't be weakened by having to leave him out, but if we play like we did on Wednesday even David couldn't save us from humiliation. We saw a team woefully out of form, and what we have to hope is that Vinnie, Zaba and Joe Hart, among others, can inspire the team to its normal form - which should be good enough! That team is not lazy, does not lack motivation, but it was way off form.

Thank fuck there are a few sane people post on bluemoon

Thank fuck indeed !!!!!!

strongbowholic said:
Blue Mooner said:

FFS get a grip.
The moan on this one is because prematch Kolarov stated in an interview that the Cap One was "...fourth in our priorities..." In other words, we're not arsed about it.

Now not being arsed about a particular comp is a whole other thread however Kolarov and therefore the club told us clearly beforehand what our expectations should be for that comp.

Given, then, the club's approach/view of that comp people are (rightly in my view) asking what was the point of risking key player(s) in it for whom the game would have been the 3rd in 10 days, with another gruelling 3 games in 10 days cycle ahead which include a visit from the shite in the 2nd priority comp and a visit from the racists in our supposed primary priority competition both of which are high pressure, must win games.

It now looks likely because of this lack of game/risk management we are going to lose our best player for one of those games and possibly more.

It is negligent. It is inept and sheer stupidity on the part of the manager and his staff and points to some possible wider malaise that has seen the reigning champions win just 4 in 12.

Yes, I could see from the way that Kolarov played that he wasn't arsed about winning. So, in order to balance this out there needs to be a motivated player in the squad. Looking at it from a different point of view, I think the manager was expecting Silva to push on from the West Ham game, where he scored a blinder, and grab a couple of assists against Newcastle. This would have increased his confidence much more for against the rags. Obviously this didn't happen but in order to be successful you must be prepared to take risks. To be successful you need to surround yourself with like-minded positive people (not negative, "I told you so" naysayers). Silva could quite easily have picked up that injury in training. We are capable of winning against the rags and CSKA without Silva, we just need the belief. We're just going through a dip at the moment (not a cul-de-sac, nor a cliff), so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Don't be a naysayer. Support your club - that isn't your cue to tell me how many years you've supported them, and how games you've been to see, it just means be positive (not negative).

"Giants often trip and fall, but worms don't, because all they do is dig and crawl."

whicko said:
pikku said:
Grrr, I know I am contradicting myself by saying this but I am fucking mad now that Silva is certainly ruled out for three weeks. What a fucking decision it was by pellers to start him vs newcastle. Deep inside I was still hoping that all this injury concern was supposed to be some kind of a smoke screen, lolz.But now Samir and Jovetic got to deliver the goods for City.
Until the club announce he is OUT don't believe any arse wipe of a newspaper or Newsnow, they are all guessing and full of crap.
City have never been a club. known for playing mind games as far as injuries are concerned, so I think all the speculation that is done by the media must be true.

pikku said:
whicko said:
pikku said:
Grrr, I know I am contradicting myself by saying this but I am fucking mad now that Silva is certainly ruled out for three weeks. What a fucking decision it was by pellers to start him vs newcastle. Deep inside I was still hoping that all this injury concern was supposed to be some kind of a smoke screen, lolz.But now Samir and Jovetic got to deliver the goods for City.
Until the club announce he is OUT don't believe any arse wipe of a newspaper or Newsnow, they are all guessing and full of crap.
City have never been a club. known for playing mind games as far as injuries are concerned, so I think all the speculation that is done by the media must be true.
Do you believe everything the press write? Just wait and see what Pellers has to say in his presser,not long to wait now!

Can't see him on this picture from training today, so it's looking unlikely that he'll play:

B1RbCVoCMAA6yHu.jpg

Ric said:
Can't see him on this picture from training today, so it's looking unlikely that he'll play:

B1RbCVoCMAA6yHu.jpg

Who's in the yellow boots 3rd from left of picture?

We won the Rags home derby 4-1 last season without him.
Might actually prove to be a blessing in disguise as it may force Pellegrini to push YaYa further up the pitch - and YaYa's defending (or lack of it) is our biggest problem at the moment.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Blue Mooner said:

FFS get a grip.

Thats all very well, but where were you when we were shit ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.