Silva Chant

What about Shine Silva Shine to the tune of Shine Jesus Shine, always my favourite hymn in assembly when I was a kid. Most appopriate in my view and minimal changes from the original.

Shine Silva Shine
Fill this land
With the City's Glory

Shine Silva Shine
Set our hearts on fire

To Robbie Williams Kandy.

We're City from Maine Road
Watch Kompany and Clichy go
Spanish Dave will run the show
And we've got Aguerro

First line may need tweaking but thought the "Hey Ho" lyric was a bit twee.

Always liked the Anelka chant we had a while back, why not bring it back for Aguero?

He'll be scoring goals for you and me, for Man City,
Aguerooooooo (and repeat...)

tried getting the ole ole song going in 111, 3 people joined in to save me from embarrassment

Squadmissile said:
I don't get why he needs a song. Usually we sing a song for a player after they do something outstanding individually, like Zaba making a perfect challenge or Aguero scoring. When would we ever sing about silva because while he is a fantastic player, his work is done for the good of the team.

But don't mind me, I enjoy seeing all the inventive ways in which people try to wedge a city players name into coco-fucking-cabana.

I don't get why he needs a song

x5z0ia.jpg

Squadmissile said:
I don't get why he needs a song. Usually we sing a song for a player after they do something outstanding individually, like Zaba making a perfect challenge or Aguero scoring. When would we ever sing about silva because while he is a fantastic player, his work is done for the good of the team.

I would read this again if I were you.

Somebody said before that the old wags in the Kippax would have had a song for him. Well perhaps, but I used to regularly get songs going on the Kippax in the 70s and I don't know why you're all making it so complicated. Why not just recycle one of the old tunes, like Dennis Tueart's old anthem - "David Silva walks on water, na na na na na na, na na na," (the tune is Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly for anybody too young to remember it).

Easy tune that everybody knows, easy words, and definitely works as a football chant because we used to sing it all the time. I'll have a go at Stoke next week, see if anybody wants to join in. Or Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye would work for David's name too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.