Silva Injury

Comrade Buka said:
I was fucking pissed watching Silva holding his back.

Get him off the fucking pitch, right this fucking minute, you fucking morons.

Pray to the higher powers he is ok.

-- Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:05 am --

dw7 said:
Marvin said:

I ain't saying its going to be easy but if we struggle because or best player is injured then we rely too much on him

So IMO if you count too much on one player you ain't gonna win the league

So, in your opinion, how much does Xavi being off the pitch affect Barcelona? Because if you think they are the same side without him, you are definitely using a computer on the warm comfy insides of a mental asylum, while being pumped full of make-you-feel-fuzzy-medicines.

I think his point is that, without Xavi in the side, Barecelona still beat whatever is put in front of them. Maybe not by the same amount, or in the same way, but they will get the 3 points.He's not wrong in saying that. We should beat QPR without David, and if we need to, I think we can and will. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be worrisome if he were more seriously injured. Obviously, you want your best players on the field as much as possible. But, it didnt seem too serious, maybe a deep bruise or something... so it's not somehting we need to worry about.

I would be happy if he would sit out the international games (two friendlies, one against England, one in not closer than Costa Rica!) but he just got back into that team and played really well for them. And he is motivated to play as much as he can to have a good chance for the EC in the summer to be in line up.

I wouldnt put in a not 100% Silva against Barton, Derry at weekend. Barry should start, give them NDJ too, and Yaya could play the upper role like against Villarreal.

With this tactic last year we beat all the new PL teams, 6 matches, 18 points. Even against Blackpool we had Barry, NDJ and Yaya with his advanced role. We can go back to that, Nasri, Agüero, Dzeko, or Milner, Agüero, Balo upfront.

QPR is a must win (I really want max. points against Swansea, Norwich, QPR we can do it worst scenario is still 16 points out of 18).

I never want to discount a PL club, but watching 9 man Chelsea batter them at Loftus Road was shocking. It was a miracle that Chelsea didn't score 3. Worrying times if we can't beat them.

Despite all our depth we are so heavily dependent on Silva it's scary. We really don't have a backup playmaker, at least until Nasri becomes much more familiar with the squad.

Blue Haze said:
I never want to discount a PL club, but watching 9 man Chelsea batter them at Loftus Road was shocking. It was a miracle that Chelsea didn't score 3. Worrying times if we can't beat them.

Despite all our depth we are so heavily dependent on Silva it's scary. We really don't have a backup playmaker, at least until Nasri becomes much more familiar with the squad.
Nah cuzz! What is scary is how good he is. Just like Barca has a lot of great players, some even as good as our Silva. Yet without Messi they are a shell of themselves. This is what separates the very good from the great. I have said it once before, and I'll say it again, Silva is probably the greatest player to ever where a blue jersey. And not just CT blue, any blue! :-)

Nasri can slot in the Silva's position right away, he would be a lot better in the centre. No worry for me at all.

We should be capable of beating QPR without Silva. I watched the 1st half against Spuds & they werre about as interested/capable as Villareal last night.
Having said that I do think they'll put up more of a fight at home.

Blue Haze said:

Yes, very worrying if we dont beat them and find ourselves a mere two or 3 points clear at the top of the premiership after 11 games. I think I might stop going to games all together I'll be so worried.

Blue Haze said:

We really are doomed.

Saturday, 15 October 2011

Man City 4-1 Aston Villa FT
(HT 1-0)

* Balotelli 28
* Johnson 47
* Kompany 52
* Milner 71

Man City

* 25 Hart
* 02 Richards (K Toure 66)
* 04 Kompany
* 06 Lescott
* 22 Clichy
* 07 Milner
* 11 Johnson (Hargreaves 77)
* 18 Barryyellow card
* 34 De Jong
* 42 Y Toure (Silva 66)
* 45 Balotelli

Blue Haze said:

Im sorry mate but you cant keep a player with as much talent on the bench just in case Silva hurts his fanny. The type of player needed to fulfil his role already plays first team football for a top team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.