Silva Interview in Marca

denislawsbackheel said:
markbmcfc said:
Didnt realise he only had two years left. He needs a new contract.

He suggests his original contract was 2 years, not 2 years left.

Sorry, to clarify he has 2 years left on his contract.

He is nearing the end of his second season and has two of the the original four left.

If we don't get him to sign an extension to his deal this summer there will be speculation all next season something we don't need

rickmcfc said:
Must get a new contract signed during the summer. He is vital to what we are right now,'and where we want to go.

correct, not only do we keep a very good player it speaks volumns as to our intentions and says to suiters sod off.

I think he's being cautious in what he says, but he would like to stay for longer than two years. For example, look at the comment about challenging Barça and Real Madrid, it's clear he sees it as a long-term goal. If he does change clubs, it'll be to go back to Spain, but I think he likes to idea of toppling the king-ding-a-lings who should have signed him when they had the chance!

The only other thing I would say is that Spaniards are real mummy's boys, and I don't think Silva is an exception at all - I think he'll always miss not being in Las Canarias.

Anything we win is down to this lad, what an absolute gem he is.

Paulski said:
I think he's being cautious in what he says, but he would like to stay for longer than two years. For example, look at the comment about challenging Barça and Real Madrid, it's clear he sees it as a long-term goal. If he does change clubs, it'll be to go back to Spain, but I think he likes to idea of toppling the king-ding-a-lings who should have signed him when they had the chance!

The only other thing I would say is that Spaniards are real mummy's boys, and I don't think Silva is an exception at all - I think he'll always miss not being in Las Canarias.

Anything we win is down to this lad, what an absolute gem he is.

If you read this article from just before the derby:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2051589/David-Silva-From-Spanish-fishing-village-Premier-League-superstar.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rstar.html</a>

Father Fernando, an ex-police officer, took a job as a security guard at Valencia when his son was there and now lives in England with his wife and son to satisfy David's craving for family life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.