Silva Interview in Marca

I wouldn't worry about Barcelona. As a Barcelona and La Liga fan I am very very very sure that we won't go for Silva in the next few years. We are already stuck in midfield: Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Thiago and even more talents comming through the youth ranks as well. With Messi playing centrally in our 4-3-3, Silva could play for us only on the wings but he'd be wasted there. We need prolific goal scorers on the wings. Like Villa, like Pedro, like Eto'o, like Henry. Not another creative passer. Else we would play Iniesta out wide and Fabregas in the middle alongside Xavi.

Agüero on the other hand would be far more interesting for us as Villa's successor when Villa retires in 3 years or so (seeing Agüero link up with Messi last night wasn't too bad a sight tbh :p). But even that is unlikely IMO. Our president seems to be more in love with Neymar. And again, we have a lot of youth products comming through recently. Cuenca and Tello (wingers) are already getting play time in the first team. Deulofeu is another highly rated prospect. We bought Sanchez this season. Nah, you're save. :D

Our highest priorities lie in defense anyway. Puyol isn't getting younger. Neither is Abidal.

As for Real Madrid. They could actually try to get Silva once they get rid of Kaka. Özil is their only creative playmaker upfront. Buying Silva would make sense. They could play Silva in the middle and move Özil out wide (he excels only when he's got space anyway, see the last Clasico). Though I don't really have a "feeling" for Real Madrid's transfer policy (well, you could say they just throw money at every player that has a rating of 85+ in FIFA Manager, although that has changed a bit under Mourinho). But as for Barcelona I'm very certain we won't try to get Silva.

Oh, and hello by the way. As a La Liga fan, I'm supporting Yaya, Agüero and Silva in England of course. :)

SingBlueSilva said:
If anyone wants to hear the 40 mins interview from Radio station Onda Cero:
http://www.ondacero.es/al-primer-to...he-city-fue-que-mas-aposto_2012022800003.html

If anyone knows Spanish, I'd love to see what they think of the "hard question" at 30:12 re: the RM interest. This must be the interest in Silva back in 09, b/c I *think* the commentators said RM found out something "personal" and decided instead to sign Kaka at 3x what they would've paid for Silva! David says he wasn't angry about the rumors, just found it strange they justified not signing him by saying that. The comms were indignified for him (1 guy tells David, you can say mierda, it's ok lol).

i think this is what they were referring to; before he signed for us, the spanish media said Real didnt want to sign him because of his "problematic lifestyle" (which i found ridiculous if they talk about players lifestyle considering they have the likes of ronaldo, ramos etc in their team. and seriously, how 'problematic' silva's lifestyle can be? he had been living with his parents his whole life ffs). silva denied that in the interview, he said “My conscience is clear and I have always been professional.that whole rumour didn’t anger me but it just puzzled me greatly"

Hope this is true !!

Posted by Peter Ferguson

Cheer up, moody Blues. Okay, City's England stars were pipped by Nigel de Jong and the third-best team in the world, but there's good news about the football wizard that is David Silva.

No, not his starring role in Spain's 5-0 win over Venezuela. Goal.com's chief correspondent Wayne Veysey reckons that "City will begin new contract talks with David Silva next month".

His exclusive continues: "City officials want to tie the Spaniard down to a new four-year deal before he joins up with the Spain squad at the end of the season to begin preparing for Euro 2012.

"Silva’s current contract expires in 2014 and it is understood that City will sit down with the player and his advisers in April to discuss a two-year extension that will keep him at Etihad Stadium until 2016."

Veysey adds that Silva's salary will elevate the Footballer of the Year candidate to the top bracket alongside Yaya Toure, Sergio Aguero and Carlos Tevez.

He writes: "City recognise how important it is to hold on to the 26-year-old, who has blossomed into one of the outstanding players in the Premier League during his second season in England."

Mesut said:
Hi, i am spanish, and of course a big of fan of Silva...before Silva arrived to Manchester, in that summer there was interest from him, Florentino Perez started to negociate for him with Valencia. The year before was problems between Valencia and madrid in Villa negociation. Valencia asked too much money and the deal was broken in the last minute,therefore Florentino was a bit upset with Valencia and didn´t agree to pay so much for Silva (big mistake). in the other hand, Mourinho(who i don´t like since he "helps" his agent players) didn´t want Silva and paid 30mill for Coentrao , a Jorge Mendes player. When the negociation was broken there were rumours (Silva talked about that in the interview) that Madrid said no since Silva likes too much "la fiesta" and his behaviour is not the best. Probably (I wouldn´t say 100%no) this is not true and was launched to the press to not blame Mourinho...
This summer probably Mourinho will leave, the next year there are elections in Madrid and Florentino needs a big name. He is the number 1 choice for Madrid fans and probably Marca and As will keep this growing during the summer and I am sure that Madrid will make a very strong offer this summer, doesn´t matter if there is new contract or not. By the way...if you listen Agüero name rumours...rubbish..Van Persie has already a deal with Madrid, so i don´t think that they will talk about that..Regards and good luck for the rest of season

My opinion for Madrid is that Wenger will be your new manager and he will take Van Persie with him.

Silva will never go to Madrid for money, he has that here and if we win the league this year then i cannot see why he would leave. The only reason Silva would leave is if he is not winning anything at City or homesick, which he has stated he is not.

I expect a bid but i expect it to be firmly declined!

de niro said:
saw the goal .com article, makes sense. come on city get it done .

my only concern is GOAL.COM.

here are all the goals from spain last night, silva scores the 2nd enjoy.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footytube.com/video/spain-venezuela-feb29-106537" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footytube.com/video/spain-ve ... b29-106537</a>

sorry if posted

Strange that Silva was criticised for his 'life style', he certainly doesn't seem to be the party animal that you may sometimes accuse AJ of being. No one ever seems to see him out and about in town do they?

GaudinosWheels said:
Strange that Silva was criticised for his 'life style', he certainly doesn't seem to be the party animal that you may sometimes accuse AJ of being. No one ever seems to see him out and about in town do they?

Thing is in England partying and drinking gets taken up a few levels compared to Spain!

Binge capital of world England is becoming.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.