Silva our best ever player

oakiecokie said:
I`ve never seen anyone with the stamina of Belly,he just never looked knackered and I agree ref Gerrard.

In my many years of following City I have NEVER heard King Colin referred to as 'Belly'. Where has this come from?

Impeccable said:
oakiecokie said:
I`ve never seen anyone with the stamina of Belly,he just never looked knackered and I agree ref Gerrard.

In my many years of following City I have NEVER heard King Colin referred to as 'Belly'. Where has this come from?

Quite simple really, King Colin's surname is Bell and people with said surname are often nicknamed as Belly.

Silva is well on the way to becoming a City Great, he still has a long way to go to be considered in the same league as King Colin. More than just a legend in my eyes,one of the greatest ever English Footballers.

Rammy Blue said:
Impeccable said:
oakiecokie said:

Quite simple really, King Colin's surname is Bell and people with said surname are often nicknamed as Belly.
That may well be the case, Rammy. Like I said, that was the first time I have ever heard or read 'Belly' as reference to him. That's me told.

Unless I heard Bell, Lee and assumed that was reference to TWO City legends and not just the one!

He has to be up there,

For me to be a great you have to win things too.

Out of all our greats who has won The World Cup and Euro's

also FA Cup and was he in Valencia's side that won trophies!!

Truly world class!

when you leave eastlands you think 'i actually havent paid enough to watch him play'

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.