Silva V Mata

I said mid way through last season that Mata will be one of the best player's in the league in 2012/13 as long as Chelsea play him centrally instead of out wide.

Chelsea have already bought Hazard and Marin and are looking at other wingers going by reports so it would seem he will play in behind the striker this season coming.

Get him in your fantasy team is all I can say!

LHarper said:
I said mid way through last season that Mata will be one of the best player's in the league in 2012/13 as long as Chelsea play him centrally instead of out wide.

Chelsea have already bought Hazard and Marin and are looking at other wingers going by reports so it would seem he will play in behind the striker this season coming.

Said it before when he was at Valencia, i said it this season at Chelsea i just dont get it. Looks a good player but thats it a good player

BoyBlue_1985 said:
LHarper said:

Said it before when he was at Valencia, i said it this season at Chelsea i just dont get it. Looks a good player but thats it a good player

I would say it was his first season in the Premier League and he had a similar sort of season to Silva's in 2010/11. Look how Silva developed last season (especially before January) and I can see Mata improving similarly.

LHarper said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
LHarper said:

I would say it was his first season in the Premier League and he had a similar sort of season to Silva's in 2010/11. Look how Silva developed last season (especially before January) and I can see Mata improving similarly.

i do agree mata is a top top player however silva is in the elite players of world football, mata hasnt got the abiliy of silva however is a quality footballer.

kompany10 said:
LHarper said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

i do agree mata is a top top player however silva is in the elite players of world football, mata hasnt got the abiliy of silva however is a quality footballer.
I wouldn't say top top, I'd say almost top, certainly not 'arry standard top top nor top top top. One day he might be a top top top top top player.

danburge82 said:
Huddersfield Blue said:
Next week, Aguero v Lee Bradbury
:D

-- Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:21 pm --

southern muppet said:
Since we're already in a Mata thread, are there people who still believe we should have signed him instead of Le Nas?
Samir was absolutely instrumental in our title challenge. He took a while to settle in, actually didn't really get going until after he scored against Tottenham but kept up some great form from then on. The winner against Chelsea was outstanding.

He seemed decent when he started though, he got 4 assists at White Heart Lane

For all those interested in stats.

David-Silva-Vs-Juan-Mata-Comparison1.png

& also a comparison of Both their 1st years in the Premier league

Silva-Vs-Mata-1st-EPL-Season.png

Source: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.eplindex.com/16315/david-silva-vs-juan-mata-opta-stats-11-12.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eplindex.com/16315/david-sil ... 11-12.html</a>

Bleacher report says Mata is a better player than Silva according to ALL statistical analysis.

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1170715-chelsea-fc-is-juan-mata-having-the-better-season-than-david-silva?search_query=david%20silva%20juan%20mata" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1170 ... uan%20mata</a>

It's very interesting what they write and maybe we as fans are influenced too much by what media and pundits say. For example, if all the English media say Silva is the best in the League, then nearly all fans of every club will believe it and repeat it. Even if analysis does not prove it to be so. The media sees City doing well and then hails Silva. Chelsea doing not so well so Mata is ignored. It's the same in the way they hype up Modric, making him out to be far better than when analysed he actually is.

Anyway I wonder if you asked Silva and Mata who had the best domestic season, what they would think? Mata won FA Cup and Champions League Trophy's. Silva won Premier League Title/Trophy.

Train said:
For all those interested in stats.

David-Silva-Vs-Juan-Mata-Comparison1.png

& also a comparison of Both their 1st years in the Premier league

Silva-Vs-Mata-1st-EPL-Season.png

Source: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.eplindex.com/16315/david-silva-vs-juan-mata-opta-stats-11-12.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eplindex.com/16315/david-sil ... 11-12.html</a>
Proves that we should have bought Mata instead of Nasri. Can you imagine two Silva's playing beautiful through balls to Aguero and co? We'd be unstoppable

I have faith Nasri will come good but as these stats suggest, Mata is on a whole other level entirely and about equal with our Dave

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.