Silva wants us to attack vs Bayern

Breadsnapper said:
Bayern may have started on fire but their league doesn't have great quality and Bayern really are the super power in German football with very few teams to challenge them. I want us to win this purely and simply because of Boateng. I was one of his supporters on here while he did fuck all then manufactured a move to Bayern. So for that reason I hope we punish him every second of the game then give a big two fingers to him, the kaiser and rummenigge.

I would not judge the quality of Bundesliga by the way the Bayern games this year went.. - Leverkusen did not look as bad in Chelsea as it looked Saturday...

Boateng is a young one - and maybe needs another environment than that what he got in Manchester. Him - like Neuer - knew a lot of the Bayern players before he made the move. Bayern is a family club - he seems to personally feel really well here. I am not talking of the sport side of it. And he certainly did not leave because of the money.

black mamba said:
With a bit of luck they'll be over-confident , and will be feeling a bit wary of us .....

I'm not sure it's possible to be over confident and be wary at the same time is it?

I'm happy with a point there, but I can't see it happening.

I'd be happy with a point, but if we win, I'll parade in the streets of my new home with only a city shirt on. That's how much of a big deal it'll be! :D

----------

SSN claiming Mancini said Tevez could start tomorrow night. If he does, it'll be because of workrate.

Tricky_Trev said:
Bazzmand Show said:
I agree. There are plenty of holes in their defence.
Is there!? 10 clean sheets in 11 games!

Much of that comes from opposition setting up to defend. Bayern has had quite a lote of time to dissect them (we're likely to starting knocking balls past teams for the same reason).<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:18 pm --<br /><br />
Mancio said:
squirtyflower said:
Mancio said:
its a game where we have to be able to defend very well on the flanks where they have their best players , then we need an attacker with real pace . best choice should be a 4-2-3-1 like this

------------------hart-------------------
zaba-----kompany---lescott(sigh)---clichy
-------------milner----barry----------------
silva---------------yaya---------------nasri
--------------------kun-----------------------
That's the team I picked over dinner last night, only one change though, NDJ for Milner

it dont seem NDJ is recovered

I actually think a counter-attacking tactic would be bettered served by Dzeko playing up front--not because of his blazing pace but because he, on his day, holds up the ball better than any other player in our squad. This would allow for Sami, David, and Kun to run on and swarm around the penalty area while also drawing defenders to him as they have seen that he actually can break free if given the chance.

Would love to also have Nige in place of Barry.

Maldeika said:
Breadsnapper said:
Bayern may have started on fire but their league doesn't have great quality and Bayern really are the super power in German football with very few teams to challenge them. I want us to win this purely and simply because of Boateng. I was one of his supporters on here while he did fuck all then manufactured a move to Bayern. So for that reason I hope we punish him every second of the game then give a big two fingers to him, the kaiser and rummenigge.

I would not judge the quality of Bundesliga by the way the Bayern games this year went.. - Leverkusen did not look as bad in Chelsea as it looked Saturday...

Boateng is a young one - and maybe needs another environment than that what he got in Manchester. Him - like Neuer - knew a lot of the Bayern players before he made the move. Bayern is a family club - he seems to personally feel really well here. I am not talking of the sport side of it. And he certainly did not leave because of the money.
Leverkusen better than chelsea??? Not sure how you come to that conclusion, but heyho that's your opinion. What environment would that be then that he gets at bayern, the family club you say? He moved to us with his eyes wide open, then when he realised he could not hack the league he manufactured a move to bayern or was he tapped up by the only club in the world that has morals? Further more on bayern they tried to bully City in the purchase of Boateng as they do with other german clubs whilst having the temerity to call City regarding spending. They genuinely thought who are this City club trying to tell us the family club what we can do? Such is their arrogance. Once the deal went through the kaiser and carl hienze shut up.
My issue with bayern is that I find the club (not the fans inparticular) hypocritical. After spending some time living in Dusseldorf it became apparant from my german friends that Bayern were hated because they were considered not the team of munich but a team of germany, not the local team as it were. As I have already stated bayern bully other teams, offer better wages than other teams yet when a team comes along that can literally blow every other team out of the water they start to cry foul and go running to uefa. In 2001 I was in a bar in Koln watching yoonited v leverkusen, talking to some Koln fans they couldn't understand why I would prefer Leverkusen to win as they would always want a german team to win against foreign opposition, except if that german team was bayern.

Bayern Munich central defender Holger Badstuber is doubtful for the Champions League Group A match against Manchester City on Tuesday, coach Jupp Heynckes said.

Badstuber, who has been instrumental in Bayern's run of nine straight games in all competitions without conceding a goal, is suffering with flu, Heynckes told reporters on Monday.

"A decision (on whether he will play) will be taken shortly before the game," said the coach, adding Daniel van Buyten could replace him.

Centre back Jerome Boateng, who was rested in Bayern's 3-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday, would "naturally" start, Heynckes said.

Heynckes said he expected a much tougher game than what Bayern had encountered until now this season with the two teams "testing their strengths."

"But we also have several players on the pitch who command respect," he said.

Bayern beat Villarreal 2-0 in Spain in their group opener while competition debutants City drew 1-1 at home against Napoli.

Mancio said:
its a game where we have to be able to defend very well on the flanks where they have their best players , then we need an attacker with real pace . best choice should be a 4-2-3-1 like this

------------------hart-------------------
zaba-----kompany---lescott(sigh)---clichy
-------------milner----barry----------------
silva---------------yaya---------------nasri
--------------------kun-----------------------

Micah has to play against Bayern.. I love Zabba, but he hasn't been great this season and Micah is playing as good as he ever has and is the best fullback in the prem

Andouble said:
Bayern Munich central defender Holger Badstuber is doubtful for the Champions League Group A match against Manchester City on Tuesday, coach Jupp Heynckes said.

Badstuber, who has been instrumental in Bayern's run of nine straight games in all competitions without conceding a goal, is suffering with flu, Heynckes told reporters on Monday.

"A decision (on whether he will play) will be taken shortly before the game," said the coach, adding Daniel van Buyten could replace him.

Centre back Jerome Boateng, who was rested in Bayern's 3-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday, would "naturally" start, Heynckes said.

Heynckes said he expected a much tougher game than what Bayern had encountered until now this season with the two teams "testing their strengths."

"But we also have several players on the pitch who command respect," he said.

Bayern beat Villarreal 2-0 in Spain in their group opener while competition debutants City drew 1-1 at home against Napoli.
That's the key as I don't think they have played a team that's as good as us. If I am being ultra critical Boateng could not hack our league neither could roben, ribery has shown flashes of genius but he has played in leagues where there are constantly very poor teams other than the main contenders. Not saying he isn't a good player but for me any player has to do it in the best league consistently.
The only team that I am worried about on Tuesday is City, whether or not we turn out the team that destoyed spuds or the one that fell asleep againt fulham?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.