Silva

Freestyler said:
He changed the game yesterday when he came on.

Changed the tempo, calmed the game down. kept the ball, played really well.

He was clearly the best player on the pitch when he came on and elevated what had been a game of high tempo dross with a few decent goals/poor defending thrown in. Never mind the players, I felt a whole lot better when he came on and he nearly dragged us to a quite undeserved three points at the death. I'm sure he'll stay a while yet although we can all understand that he might want a swan song in Madrid or Barca. Good luck to him in any event.

AdamManCity said:
People have recently said on here that we can cope without silva if he doesn't sign his new deal. Arsenal away last season and Liverpool away yesturday are two game off the top of my head he hasn't started in and it is no surprise they are two of the worst city performances I have seen over the last few seasons. We lacked tempo and got overrun in midfield. Now I know that isn't entirely to do with silva not playing but silva very rarely loses the ball and what he does even better is suck opposition players out of position giving our other players more space to play in themselves. As soon as silva came on yesturday we started to move the ball around much more freely and that is no coincidence, had he been fit and played the whole game it could have been different. He is pretty much irreplaceable and so we should get behind him and convince him that we are desperate for him to stay.

It's poor passing that lets City down , more often than not .... and against Southampton Silvas passing was as poor as anyones , that eventually lead to him being taken off as he was having little effect on play.

But i take your point ..... on his day Silva is top class , and he DID make a difference when he was introduced yesterdray ...... although whether we'd have actually done enough to equalise , WITHOUT Skrtels mistake, is another question!

mayo31 said:
The club should ensure he stays, I've no doubt he will.
Thats impossible. He will want to go home one day its inevitable.As long as he remains the same person im sure when his time does come he will do it with dignity and give the fans the respect like he did at Valencia. The opposite to Modric I should imagine

AdamManCity said:
People have recently said on here that we can cope without silva if he doesn't sign his new deal. Arsenal away last season and Liverpool away yesturday are two game off the top of my head he hasn't started in and it is no surprise they are two of the worst city performances I have seen over the last few seasons. We lacked tempo and got overrun in midfield. Now I know that isn't entirely to do with silva not playing but silva very rarely loses the ball and what he does even better is suck opposition players out of position giving our other players more space to play in themselves. As soon as silva came on yesturday we started to move the ball around much more freely and that is no coincidence, had he been fit and played the whole game it could have been different. He is pretty much irreplaceable and so we should get behind him and convince him that we are desperate for him to stay.
absolutely right. He is the most important player in the squad. Without him we are not the same team. We won't win the league without him playing every week.

We are without doubt a better side with a fit in form Silva and our ball retention in advanced areas was miles better when he came on yesterday.
On the prospect of losing him to either of La Ligas big 2, Barca has arguably the best set of midfielders in Europe and breaking apart that Busquets, Xavi Iniesta holy trinity currently would be a crime for most Barca fans. Although Busquets and Xavi may be reaching their swansong and I'm not to sure who they have as adequate replacements in their academy. Madrid have just bought Modric who is pretty much like for like with Daveed, some subtle differences admittedly so cant see them being interested in the very near future. I think we'll have him putting pen to paper on a new contract very soon and he'll be here for at least the next 4 years. Amen to that.

I think the problem with some people is they expect him to perform week in week out like he did at the start of last season, espcially the football genius who sits behind me, who slated him for 60 mins last week!!!!!.
His form dipped towards the end of season as he was playing with an ankle knock, v Southmpton he was not fully match fit so off the pace a bit. Judge him after the international break, I fully expect him back to normal by then.

However the Silva at then end of last season is still better than 95% of players in the prem. I can not see him asking for earth shattering wages, he does not seem the type, so sort it out City, it will cost £35 million plus wages to replace him.

MC ID said:
sir baconface said:
I guess nobody is truly irreplaceable but Big Dave comes close.

Agreed, he's a great player and ideally I'd want him to stay for at least the next 3-5 years. No idea who could replace him, perhaps Mata but he'd be far to expensive.

Mesut Özil. Easily replace him, probably an improvement if I'm honest. About as likely as Wigan winning the league, Silva plus cash in a swap deal, now were talking ;)

dan.j.mcfc said:
MC ID said:
sir baconface said:
I guess nobody is truly irreplaceable but Big Dave comes close.

Agreed, he's a great player and ideally I'd want him to stay for at least the next 3-5 years. No idea who could replace him, perhaps Mata but he'd be far to expensive.

Mesut Özil. Easily replace him, probably an improvement if I'm honest. About as likely as Wigan winning the league, Silva plus cash in a swap deal, now were talking ;)
common silva is better. ozil is more like nasri anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.