Simon Kjaer

tonycoleman said:
Egyptian said:
You have to agree that the referee did a wrong call that Zlatan took the ball over the line, when he assisted in the world cup 2010 qualification against Denmark.

er - the danes are great?
evn though they are a little pastry faced

Any way some of our best kings were Danish - CNUT for one - as I live near Knutsford

Egyptian said:
GoForGlory said:
Hey! Us swedes don't have much against the danes these days, they're cool and chilled out. Not even in football - they did win our euro and they got to SA instead of us but the 2-2 in 04 makes up for that. :)
You have to agree that the referee did a wrong call that Zlatan took the ball over the line, when he assisted in the world cup 2010 qualification against Denmark.

We didn't really lose the qualification against Denmark though, not alone anyway, we just couldn't really score. At times we were our best, holding Portugal to a draw in Lissabon etc, but we were unlucky not to win at home against them and we didn't manage to win against Albania away, so we didn't really deserve it in the end, Denmark was the better team in the end.

The 2-2 though was special...probably more so for Swedes since we got the last goal. If you remember the only result that would see Italy get knocked out and both Sweden and Denmark advance was 2-2. The italians were worried we were going to fix the match. Of course anyone who saw it knew that wasn't the case, but during the last minute or so of overtime it was a pretty funny sight when Isaksson got the ball, Sweden didn't want to attack and risk anything and neither did Denmark. So we just passed it around for a little bit until the final whistle...

Of course those images were shown all over the Italian media the following days, they were NOT happy with us but we felt a kind of Nordic solidarity we almost never felt before (Denmark ARE our biggest rivals after all), but the italians of course called us cheats and has hardly forgotten it even though they are world champions now. After the stick we got I was pretty happy when the calciopoli was uncovered. :)

Plus there's the crazy danish fan running on to the pitch the other year giving us the victory in copenhagen, helping us along to the 08 Euro. That one's more annoying though, Denmark felt cheated but the reality was that the score was 3-3, it was in the final moments of the game and we had been given a penalty when the bloke ran on - we would almost certainly have won the game anyway.

Hehe, this whole reply is off topic, guess this just got me started about some recent footy history. :)

Egyptian said:
The question here should be: why would Manchester City want a danish player in their team? :)

So that he can help bring home the bacon!!

I thought everyone knew that!!

Italian reporter on Talksport (I just can't switch it off.....) has said that there where scouts watching Kjaer, that Mancini really wanted him at Inter and that a good (over the top) offer of 20 Mill Euros should get him.
Said he is good in the air, good technically and would be well suited to the Prem.

Same reporter broke the Vieira deal before other sources had it?

OxBlue said:
Italian reporter on Talksport (I just can't switch it off.....) has said that there where scouts watching Kjaer, that Mancini really wanted him at Inter and that a good (over the top) offer of 20 Mill Euros should get him.
Said he is good in the air, good technically and would be well suited to the Prem.

Same reporter broke the Vieira deal before other sources had it?

He's just an Italian based journo mate, cadges off rumours over here and splurts them on the radio so it looks like he's 'ITK'. I heard the same thing as you earlier on TS. Never heard of him to be honest, but in Mancini we trust etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.