Sinclair

BillyShears said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
The lad is hopeless. It's embarrassing how ridiculously out of his depth he is. Complete joke of a signing

I take your point, but that's sort of what i'm saying. Sinclair isn't a bad player but he isn't a player good enough for our squad currently. That's why with him knowing how little he was going to play, and the management knowing that, it begs the question why sign him.

I dunno mate. Pointless. Maybe for the homegrown thing, but might have well as saved our money and promoted a youngster or something

waspish said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
BillyShears said:
He's a young lad so he has all the time in the world to improve. I'm just not sure he'll improve training but rarely playing football. Very strange career move for him IMO. Platt pretty much came out and said a month or two back that Sinclair knew the score and knew that he wasn't going to play much.

He's 24 in March

The lad is hopeless. It's embarrassing how ridiculously out of his depth he is. Complete joke of a signing

Don't know about a joke of a signing because he looked decent enough at Swansea but his mentality at a big club is he can't step up I'd rather us play one of our own youngsters personally

That's exactly it - 'decent enough at Swansea', about the same level as the other wingers they've got and many others in the prem/championship. Not good enough. And yes, I agree that he lacks the mentality as well as the talent

Also agree that we shoulda just kept Weiss (and the £5 million or so) like a lot of us said at the time

BillyShears said:
waspish said:
Don't know about a joke of a signing because he looked decent enough at Swansea but his mentality at a big club is he can't step up I'd rather us play one of our own youngsters personally

A bit farcical when you think we let Weiss go to Pescara for next to nothing then spent 7.5 million on Sinclair. Weiss is the better player IMO, and certainly since he was already at the club and had come through the ranks here should've been given more of a chance. And I read somewhere on the forum that AC Milan are now being linked with Weiss!

Yeah that was a weird one for me letting Weiss go.. I just think Sinclair was a stop gap when we found out Adam Johnson wanted out, personally I'd sell Sinclair in the summer for 5m he has proved at a "smaller" club and getting regular football he is decent

Sadly Sinclair wont get the chances. He seems to have a bench spot all the time. As others have said he needs to show more when given a few minutes here and there and everyone knows thats always hard for any player to do in such a short space of time.
It would of been nice if we got some European games to play in but thats a no go area then he would of got more action to play in but until he gets a run of games how anyone can claim a player is shit or isnt worth being in the squad is a bit bad in my opinion.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Not seen a player struggle like this since Gary Birtles at Old Trafford. There must be quality somewhere however it seems he just didn't pack it in his suitcase when he arrived.

Stagefright, Starstruck or simply Shitting himself, he is the worst Sinclair I've seen since the C5 and ZX Spectrum!

I don't know who's more useless; him as a footballer or his missus as a bushtucker triallist!

Desperate for all concerned so he needs a fresh start at another club this January.
Out of order blue he,s gonna get better with games can u imagine stepping of the bench to make way for kun or GeV or edin come on think about it have you ever been the new boy and had to prove your worth in a new environment be it work or play?

Every club makes bad transfer signings so it's not the end of the world but it certainly when you look at Weiss leaving and the Sinclair signing, and even the situation with Caceido the summer before, it really highlights why we needed someone like Txiki to come in and take control of the entire transfer strategy at the club. At times in the last few years you get the feeling that the right hand has had no clue what the left hand is doing.

It was always an odd buy because he was "one of Swansea's better players", but as a club we've moved on a lot further than looking for "one of Swansea's better players".

Personally, I couldn't see Sinclair ever starting a game for us, but I thought perhaps Bobby would throw him and Dzeko on for the last 10 mins of a game in which we were struggling, try to get one to whip some crosses in for the other as a change of approach ... but it hasn't happened at all. Even when we've needed something a bit different, Bobby has almost always looked along the bench to someone else.

Decent Premier League player, but not good enough for one of the really top sides, as we now are.

And if it was just to fill an English quota, then we didn't need to spend that kind of money.
Odd move all round, from everyone's viewpoint.

BillyShears said:
Every club makes bad transfer signings so it's not the end of the world but it certainly when you look at Weiss leaving and the Sinclair signing, and even the situation with Caceido the summer before, it really highlights why we needed someone like Txiki to come in and take control of the entire transfer strategy at the club. At times in the last few years you get the feeling that the right hand has had no clue what the left hand is doing.

Totally agree. Potentially there is much to be gained from having a professional manager one step removed from the squad who can take a long term, strategic perspective.

I find it very difficult to feel sorry for a chap that's on thousands of pounds a week to play football. When all is said and done he would be playing if he was good enough. Simple as that really.

BillyShears said:

Completely baffling signing. Irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but it was basically a disgrace of a transfer that made no sense. Makes you wonder what on earth went on behind the scenes at times: Sinclair was never, ever in a million years a Mancini player..or, frankly, anywhere near good enough for City.

Thank God Txiki has arrived.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.