Singing section/Atmosphere

We must be the only club without a ‘end’.
You’ve got away fans splitting one end, and the club fucked everyone out of the other end for that family stand which is a disaster.

Songs used to filter down the east stand l1 from 111/110 but that doesn’t happen anymore due to a lot of fans moving up to the south stand for cheaper seats.

We must be the only club without a ‘end’.
You’ve got away fans splitting one end, and the club fucked everyone out of the other end for that family stand which is a disaster.

Songs used to filter down the east stand l1 from 111/110 but that doesn’t happen anymore due to a lot of fans moving up to the south stand for cheaper seats.

We could get a full end if away fans were moved into 111-109 and the kippax joined the south stand but this won’t happen cos the clubs already happy with putting away fans in SS3 for cup games (which gives them one up on us in our own ground)
With the numbers we have wanting to sing we don’t need a kop style tier in the north stand. A singing section in SS3 - from there sound will start to travel throughout the ground.
Remember the club used different material in the south stand roof that deflects noise instead of deadening it like what’s in the roof of the rest of the ground. Athletics grounds are always made with this in mind so sounds don’t distract the runners when they’re settjng off.

We still keep arguing over the same things, "move singing section" "front middle or back" "what about a new song" "stop singing dzecko" "get a drum" "stick the drum up your arse" "shit acoustics" ( and the worse thing I have seen on this thread by a post saying the basel fans where repetitive and didn't show a passion for the club, seriously if we think that we are going to struggle ! )

There are people on here coming up with suggestions, most are wrong as believe me I have put hundreds of hours in to all this along with 4 or 5 other guys for almost five years now. So if you want to make a difference join in, it is the only way we will get anywhere, come and have get togethers and chats, join in the group tickets that the club offer us in 115 for CL games, see for yourself what it is that we are really up against. Its not enough fans joining in to sing that fails us. We can get as technical as we want and move where we want, we have to bloody sing to make a noise and as 800 Monaco fans once showed us you can do it with low numbers !

Fan culture has reached a kind of divide now where you have singers & fans just wanting to watch the game and enjoy the experience. Nothing at all wrong in wanting to take up your seat, sit back and watch the game. But we have thousands of singers in the stadium on match day, 55k stadium / 5,000 tourists, mixtures of singers and viewers. So we have plenty of fans to make noise. My point is, it is getting to the stage now where its going to take a group of potty fans to take it by the scruff and sing at the front or back of 115 area. This in time will make fans around join in. But if only 30 of us out of 55k are willing to let ourselves go on match days it wont spread. Fans need to join in, but in bigger numbers than they currently are.

This is the issue really. I've sat in other parts of the ground this year. Mainly CBL3. You can hear a lot of singing from 115 from there. It's not necessarily loud, but it's clearly audible. People don't join in. If more did, we wouldn't have this conversation.

The Singing Section is in the absolute worst place it could possibly be though. It keeps being said because it’s true

if tomorrow the club came to us and said we can move where we want or next season north stand is done, without a doubt it would be better to have our own full end. But as it stands 115 is the bets place to get songs going.

It makes no odds where we are though, if fans don't sing it wont happen and the reason why fans don't sing has nothing to do with where we are. moving us to an area that we prefer isn't going to suddenly make fans belt their hearts out.

Its a fan culture shake up needed. We do have lots of fans wanting it, we are diluted with those not bothered.

id be all for the ultra style support. drums and megaphone. even if its just say 20 minutes of the blues go marching in ( another one thats never really sung) like a few years ago against juventus. that would be great. i think the megaphone would make the biggest difference.

yes agree, a slow gradual bringing in of a few songs ultra style. Lots of fans disagree and say they want the spontaneous banter type stuff.. But that is the reason why we are in this situation... If tomorrow Basel played city in a friendly and 300 basel fans came to our stadium, they would without a doubt out sing our 55k capacity of city fans.. That says it all, ultra style does work, doesn't mean to say we go all out drum and pre rehearsed, there is a happy medium.

yes agree, a slow gradual bringing in of a few songs ultra style. Lots of fans disagree and say they want the spontaneous banter type stuff.. But that is the reason why we are in this situation... If tomorrow Basel played city in a friendly and 300 basel fans came to our stadium, they would without a doubt out sing our 55k capacity of city fans.. That says it all, ultra style does work, doesn't mean to say we go all out drum and pre rehearsed, there is a happy medium.

it doesn't even have to be ultra style songs, ( ole ole ..... type ones) it could literally just be 200 people singing never felt more like singing the blues for 20 minutes... id class that as traditional english atmosphere. the spontaneous banter stuff doesn't really exist now and the idea we need away fans is a myth swell. we've had our 'home end split by away fans for years now and its made no difference to atmosphere.

we are playing stoke tonight, where usually someone bangs on the back when we sing the guardiola song. no difference really to a drum. the traditional english atmosphere is dead and id welcome a proper ultra group of 200 people just non stop singing ( what fans used to do)

ANY reason why the singing section couldn’t be designated in level 3 is it just the fact people don’t want to move down there?

Just thinking of a club like Real Madrid, their ‘ultras’ stem all the way down behind a goal starting in the top tier where most of the banners etc are, singing groups in each stand plus in the bottom tier you have them all dressed in white

ANY reason why the singing section couldn’t be designated in level 3 is it just the fact people don’t want to move down there?

Just thinking of a club like Real Madrid, their ‘ultras’ stem all the way down behind a goal starting in the top tier where most of the banners etc are, singing groups in each stand plus in the bottom tier you have them all dressed in white

we have a right split because of our stadium design and ticket prices, I am sure if level three and level one SS wasn't split with the corporate level two it would be much much better, it would actually be quite good. But until we get safestanding and all the level 1 & 3 fans come together it will always have a spilt.

Two major reasons for me not going to level three, cant stand up without scrapping with Gspot4S and also I focus on visual a lot with banners so has to be behind the goal level one. Security wont let us have big flags etc in tier 3, believe me I am trying to get them up there.

it doesn't even have to be ultra style songs, ( ole ole ..... type ones) it could literally just be 200 people singing never felt more like singing the blues for 20 minutes... id class that as traditional english atmosphere. the spontaneous banter stuff doesn't really exist now and the idea we need away fans is a myth swell. we've had our 'home end split by away fans for years now and its made no difference to atmosphere.

we are playing stoke tonight, where usually someone bangs on the back when we sing the guardiola song. no difference really to a drum. the traditional english atmosphere is dead and id welcome a proper ultra group of 200 people just non stop singing ( what fans used to do)

Exactly mate, we can still have a banter off the cuff singing atmosphere with the odd ultra style thrown in.. Would be great if we could put our own English spin on it.

35 years ago foreign clubs looked at our atmosphere and not only copied it but bettered it, time to get it back now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.