Sir Michael Parkinson dies aged 88

Great interviewer and one of the greatest possibly the greatest. Remember those legendary enjoyable interviews as a boy: Muhammed Ali, Brian Clough to name but two. He wasn't always my cup of tea, but there's no doubting his talent and how he put most people at ease (Meg Ryan apart). He asked searching questions of interest and let people talk, giving more of an insight into their personaliy, which is a real skill. He had gravitas but didn't take himself too seriously which made him easily likeable. My elderly Mum has always been proud of him, being from the Barnsley area too and I've just broken the sad news to her. Thankfully he was only ill for a short time.

Thanks for the memories and for a job very well done.

Rest in peace.

Did a number of series here in OZ for both ABC and Channel 10 when they were both watchable and had the ability to keep one engrossed in discussion he would have with people of all persuasion , ego and demeanour,

They are still repeated last at night mind you however given the dross shown these days in prime time slots I suggest their ratings would increase even though they are over 40 years old as such.

RIP Parky.

RIP, a true great of Entertainment and let's not forget, the father of the "free Parker pen".

Sad day.
Haha those adverts will be burned into my memory forever.

"The Sun Life Over 50 Plan"

I wonder how many FOCs actually bought some dodgy life insurance advertised on daytime TV off the back of getting a free biro...

1692266468264.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.