Sir Michael Parkinson dies aged 88

Liked him till he said something really nasty about jade goody whilst she wasnt even cold or buried , no need at all
Lovely Jade - the people's princess, queen of hearts. Parky is with her now and they will be enjoying the free pen and sunlife over 50s plan payout together in heaven.

I think you are!
No, he’s quite right. I remember it well. It was when he went to Granada that he turned to the dark side and became a rag and a Best sycophant. Gay Byrne whose Late Late Show on Irish tv changed that country for ever was at Granada at the same time.
I was not a fan of his interviews, though I acknowledge his skill.
His sports columns in the Sunday Times, however, were brilliant. He waged a long and honourable war against the “Marylebone Clodpoles Club” (MCC) and their disgraceful behaviour in the D’Oliveira scandal.
He also wrote some funny pieces about Skinner Normanton the Barnsley hard man and football in the late 50s and early 60s.
RIP PARKY.

Great interviewer and one of the greatest possibly the greatest. Remember those legendary enjoyable interviews as a boy: Muhammed Ali, Brian Clough to name but two. He wasn't always my cup of tea, but there's no doubting his talent and how he put most people at ease (Meg Ryan apart). He asked searching questions of interest and let people talk, giving more of an insight into their personaliy, which is a real skill. He had gravitas but didn't take himself too seriously which made him easily likeable. My elderly Mum has always been proud of him, being from the Barnsley area too and I've just broken the sad news to her. Thankfully he was only ill for a short time.

Thanks for the memories and for a job very well done.

Rest in peace.
His interview with Ali and Freddie Starr was one of the best as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.