Site improvements

Some way of giving a post "thumbs up" (or down) rather than having loads of separate "I agree" posts.

I've seen this work on a number of forums.

BingoBango said:
ultimateharold said:
One think I like about BM is the clean design, without sigs and avatars, I worry that embedding youtube will lead to pages with several videos, then the same several quoted over and over. I dont find it much of a hassle to open the vids in a new window.

I'm with you on this one - most of the other City sites out there make my eyes bleed.

Bluemoon looks great in a clean and functional kind of way without all the poncing around with signatures and avatars. Wouldn't they further overload the server anyway?

I'm with both of these posters^^^^^^

What attracted me to Bluemoon was the clean and clear layout of the pages, the blue back grounds, black print and uncluttered appearance of the pages as opposed to other sites with all the cluttered posts, which include all sorts of images on each and every post.
I soon gave up trying to navigate all the other sites I came upon, in favour of this one and I'm sure that is why it's so popular, particularly if your a novice like me.
May I also take this opportunity to thank you for providing this site free of charge and I would willingly contribute via paypal as others have pointed out. Thanks for all your hard work.

No Images, avatars or banners
Keep the 50 post count
More replies per page, maybe a personal setting
I like the idea of hovering over a thread and the first few lines are shown.
I would remove post counts, just encourage nonsense in the belief that quantity is quality and hierarchal attitudes.
A smell chequer.

manchester blue said:
No Images, avatars or banners
Keep the 50 post count
More replies per page, maybe a personal setting
I like the idea of hovering over a thread and the first few lines are shown.
I would remove post counts, just encourage nonsense in the belief that quantity is quality and hierarchal attitudes.
A smell chequer.

a smell checker?!

:P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.