Six Nations 2019

Would have been interesting to see what the TMO thought, that's why it's frustrating that they didn't go back to it.

Looks like Wales for the Grand Slam, difficult to see us beating them with our injuries.

Brian Moore summed this half up perfectly.
England haven't really had a plan of attack.

Liam WIlliams has had a great game.

England have been very reliant on high line speed in defence and kicking the ball in behind advanced full backs tactically in attack. Caught Ireland out tactically with it in the first game. Wales shut both out in the second half, switched between pick and drive and passing deeper from the ruck with some nice kicking and fielding of their own in attack and shut out the spaces England were kicking into in defence.

Nice to see from my point of view as there's nothing Wales did in that second half that Ireland couldn't do as well or better.

Congrats Wales, it's good to have a plan b.

How long does Jones have left on his contract? He started well but doesn't feel like we've progressed.

England have been very reliant on high line speed in defence and kicking the ball in behind advanced full backs tactically in attack. Caught Ireland out tactically with it in the first game. Wales shut both out in the second half, switched between pick and drive and passing deeper from the ruck with some nice kicking and fielding of their own in attack and shut out the spaces England were kicking into in defence.

Nice to see from my point of view as there's nothing Wales did in that second half that Ireland couldn't do as well or better.

Sounds about right to me. Give Ireland Henderson back and they'd be better. The last match at Cardiff is going to be pretty brutal.
England's kicking and chasing wasn't very good today, and once Wales sorted their ball out at the ruck, they stayed patient.

I wonder how much longer AWJ can keep going.

England's attack for the previous 2 games was exclusively kicking in behind and it worked because they played teams without a fullback.

Today, they played against one of the best fullbacks in the world and as a result their attack died.

Today was a massive failure of Eddie Jones. It wasn't surprising that Liam Williams was infinitely better at defending space than Huget or Henderson, he had 2 weeks to come up with another way to attack, and he didn't bother.

Also very poor game management from Youngs and Farrell, who just kept repeating the same tactic of kicking the ball away long after it was obvious to everyone it wasn't working, and even when they were behind and only had 10 minutes to find a score.

Today was a massive failure of Eddie Jones. It wasn't surprising that Liam Williams was infinitely better at defending space than Huget or Henderson
We haven't had Henderson fit for the 6N, may well have been a different result if either he, Kearney or both had been available.

We haven't had Henderson fit for the 6N, may well have been a different result if either he, Kearney or both had been available.

Think he means Henshaw - wasn't he fullback in the first match?

I'd forgotten that Ireland had a stand-in fullback - I'd been trying to remember why there was so much space behind in the first match.

England's attack for the previous 2 games was exclusively kicking in behind and it worked because they played teams without a fullback.

Today, they played against one of the best fullbacks in the world and as a result their attack died.

Today was a massive failure of Eddie Jones. It wasn't surprising that Liam Williams was infinitely better at defending space than Huget or Henderson, he had 2 weeks to come up with another way to attack, and he didn't bother.

Also very poor game management from Youngs and Farrell, who just kept repeating the same tactic of kicking the ball away long after it was obvious to everyone it wasn't working, and even when they were behind and only had 10 minutes to find a score.

I don't think Farrell is a great captain, and I also think he would be a better, less rigid, player with more experience of playing behind a less dominant pack than at Saracens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.